Chapter XXI

I nervously swallow my last bite.

"Rules?" I question him quietly.

"Rules. Like I had stated we'd go over before? We are going to go over them now."

Rules??? My mind is racing. I stay silent and take a sip of the iced water Angela had brought. He knows that I'm not going to reply, and continues on anyway.

"One: you will obey me. You will do exactly as you are told."

I blow air through my nose with irritation, but he resumes before I can speak.

"Two: you will not talk back to me. You will not yell at me, even if you are angry. You will talk it out with me rationally, like a big girl."

Rationally, I think. Coming from the man who kidnapped me, chained me to a bed, and is forcing me to stay here. Each word from his mouth only nourishes my anger.

"Three: You will eat three times a day, unless I tell you otherwise. Four and five, you are not going to like very much."

I sneer at his words.

"Oh, you think I like the first three?"

He rolls his eyes, but otherwise ignores my comment.

"Rule four: I will be sleeping in my bed going forward. And you will continue to sleep there as well."

My eyes widen and my face flushes.

"No," I state sternly.

"Yes." He shoots right back, much more stern than I. I almost tell him that I've never laid in the same bed with a man before, but I stop myself. He doesn't need to know that. 

"I will not sleep with you," I say instead.

"Rule number one, Ori: you will not talk back, you will do as you are told. I have distanced myself to give you some time to adjust since you've been here. That is over now. You will sleep with me."

I start to protest once more, but he cuts me off as he leans in closer.

"Would you like me to show you what happens when you break the rules?  So soon? I mean, you've already gotten a taste - would you like me to fill your mouth full?"

I clench my jaw in anger and reach for another sip of my water.

"And last but not least, number five. As it stands, I do not trust you - as I am sure you do not yet trust me. I don't wish to keep you chained up like you have been the last few weeks, unless you are bad. So for now, you will be collared."

I choke on my water. He quite literally just said collared. 

"What?" I ask in disbelief.

He pulls a large black box from his pocket and opens it slowly.

Inside is a rose pink colored collar. There are two little onyx letters on the front that read E.K.

It looks just like a dog's collar, aside from the lock on the back. It actually looks like..

"Is that.... Is that a shock collar?"

I bring my eyes to him and I feel myself turn pale. I feel dizzy suddenly. 

I'm shocked to find that he looks turned on. He quickly hides it, but I know that I saw it flicker across his face as he watched my reaction - my realization.

"Indeed," he replies darkly. He picks up the collar from the box and stands from his seat. He's going to try to put it on me. 

Without a second thought, I'm instantly out of my chair. I begin to run - anywhere - I don't care where - but I feel his large arm wrap around my waist and pull me effortlessly into his hard body. 

"And this is why you'll be wearing the collar," he whispers into my ear. "Make this easy for yourself, Ori." 

I do just the opposite by flinging my body in every which way. He lets me. We both know that it's useless, he's just waiting for me to get tired. When my movements finally cease, he guides me downwards. 

"On your knees." 

His words reignite me, and I proceed to wriggle against him once more. I lunge in every direction, but each time I do, he only pulls me back into him harder. On a particularly hard thrust into him, I hear a groan behind me. For a moment I think that I hurt him, but his arm grips me harder than ever now. It almost hurts. 

"Enough!" His voice is low and raspy. "Get on your fucking knees before I lose control." 

I listen this time and slowly gravitate to the ground. The stone beneath us touches my knees gently. Behind me, I feel his shoes on the bottoms of my sock-covered feet. He is stepping on them as a warning not to move, not using his full weight. 

"Do you have a hair bow on your wrist?" I bare a confused look as my eyes wander to the white band on my wrist. 

"Give it to me."

I pull it off slowly, and bring my cuffed hands up in front of my face. He snatches it immediately. 

My hair is swept from both of my shoulders and his hands rake through it. Quite tenderly, to my surprise. When all of it is pulled back, he uses the hair bow to pull it high at the top of my head. 

Not five seconds later, I feel the collar against the skin of my neck. It fits as if it were tailored for me. I hear the lock click, and he removes his shoes from my feet. I stay on my knees, and he circles until he is towering in front of me. I see his arm extend to me. After a few moments, I decide not to test his patience, and bring my hands up to wrap around his own. His hand is larger than both of mine together. He pulls me up slowly, and guides me back towards the door. 

"There are parameters set around the house," he starts as we walk, calmly now. We're almost to the door. "If you were to somehow near those parameters - if you were, to say, go even a foot near them - your collar will do what it is meant to do. Understood?" 

"Y-yes, sir." I swallow.