Surprising

AKA 5 Times Derek Surprised Stiles... With Being The Little Spoon

Derek had a secret.

Well, Derek had multiple secrets, but Stiles thought this was the most interesting one.

Derek 'I'll rip your throat out with my teeth' Hale liked being the little spoon. Yep, the man who had threatened to kill him, many times, liked cuddling up next to him.

They weren't even dating, or friends. We're they? Stiles hoped they were. Friends, not dating. Even though he had to admit he wouldn't mind dating Derek.

-

The first time it happened, it really surprised Stiles. He was just laying on his bed, reading a book about witches, when the window opened - which he thought was locked. He barely has time to look up when something heavy's laying on his chest and dark hair is tickling his chin.

He lets out a surprised sound and is about to ask if Derek's under a spell when the older werewolf passes out with loud snores.

The zipper of Derek's leather jacket is uncomfortable cold on Stiles skin - his shirt had risen up slightly when Derek laid down - and he had to stare at the ceiling or his nose was buried in Derek's hair, which smelled like the woods.

He drops his book, unable to read it now and decides to think what caused Derek to be like this.

His first thought was a spell, he was reading about witches after all. But what kind of spell? Fall in love with the first person you see? Deaton told him love spells never worked, it was just a fantasy or something people liked to think about. Spells couldn't affect love, you can't make someone fall in or out of love.

Maybe a spell that he was extra cuddly.

Or Derek was just lonely or sleepy, which was probably the case. There hadn't been a witch in 5 months and the pack would've known if there was.

He lets out a sigh and wraps his arms around Derek. The werewolf mutters something in his sleep and lets out another unattractive snore. And even doing something unattractive makes Derek attractive.

He can feel his body relax and slowly fall asleep. And it was the best sleep he had in awhile, which is surprising. He hadn't been able to sleep in a long time, every time he closed his eyes he saw the Nogitsune again.

This time he dreamed about the summer, he was in the woods only wearing shorts and sneakers, and he was watching a certain shirtless werewolf throwing water balloons at his pack, Lydia screaming, not as a banshee, but as a teenager having fun. Isaac and Scott wrestling on the floor. And someone, Derek, threw a balloon at him, smirking at him.

And then Stiles woke up in an empty bed, shivering because the window is open. Derek had left.

--

They didn't talk about it, it was like it never happened. Maybe he had imagined it, maybe it was one of countless dreams about the former Alpha.

Derek acted normal - as normal as he could be. Until the Sheriff got hurt.

It was another supernatural attack, a hungry family of wendigo's broke into Beacon Hills. The family was too big for the pack and they needed every help they could get, so Stiles called his father and Parrish.

When his dad tried to shoot a wendigo in the leg, another bit in his arm, making the gun fall on the ground. Lucky for the sheriff it wasn't a big bite, but he still lost a lot of blood. The pack had killed - it was the first time Scott allowed them to - the wendigo's and they had rushed the sheriff to the hospital.