This is Not Who I'm Supposed to Be Ch.1

Chapter 1/11

--

It all happened so fast, faster than he's expected.

Stiles was just playing with some of the other foxes, teaching the young ones how to hunt, when they heard voices. Human voices.

Stiles didn't know why or how, but he understood what they were saying. He looked at the young foxes and they understood that they had to be quiet. Once the voices got closer, Stiles panicked, and he ran back to their home, the young foxes following as fast as they could.

Foxes were really fast animals, so it didn't take them long. But sadly, the humans were fast too, and Stiles had let them unwillingly to their home.

He heard gunshots and whimpers. He wanted to look back and safe his friends, but he knew he had to run. It's what his parents thought him to do, run when you're in danger and hide.

But he couldn't stop running. He was running for days, away from the hunters towards the warmer parts of America. He didn't run until he was met with a giant black wolf.

As if he couldn't keep out of danger.

He whimpers and takes a few steps back, the ground had changed from snow too green grass a few hours ago. His warm white fur suddenly felt really heavy with the sun shining brightly. How far did he run?

The wolf doesn't growl at him, like he was taught wolves do. Wolves and hunters were the number 1 dangerous things out in the wild. Red foxes were also dangerous, which Stiles didn't understand, why would foxes hunt each other when they could live or work together?

He lays down on the ground, showing the wolf that he isn't a threat. Not that a giant wold would think Stiles, a small Arctic wolf would be dangerous. He's barely 30 centimetre high. Heck, his tail is longer than Stiles' height.

The wolf slowly turns into... Hold up, is this a trap? The wolf turns into a female human. He whimpers and takes another step back, how did she do that? Is she one of the hunters?

The human reaches out, "Hey, I won't hurt you."

He didn't understand how he understood what she said, none of the other foxes ever could. Did he have some gift or something like that?

"I know you can hear me, and it's okay. I won't hurt you, I promise." A man walks towards her and gives her a long coat to cover her naked body. The woman turns to him, "I think it's a werefox, it's scent is different than normal foxes."

The man glances at Stiles, his eyes glowing a golden yellow. His parents had left out the fact that humans could do that. But what surprised him even more was that his eyes glowed blue back. Wow, that felt weird.

"Why aren't they changing back?" A new voice asks, and another woman walks towards them, she looks familiar to the other two humans.

"I don't know." The first human says and kneels on the ground, "I wish they could tell us."

Changing back? To what? What the hell does that mean? And what's up with his eyes? They never glowed blue. His eyes are yellowish brown, at least, that what he was told, but he could somehow feel them turn blue? How? He isn't supposed to feel that, right? His parents would've taught him that.

"Laura, do you think we could try to get him into the house? Maybe he's waiting for some place safe. With a blanket, not everyone is comfortable changing into their naked human body."

"I think it's an exception you're comfortable with doing that." The man tells her and makes a laughing sound.

"We could try." The other woman, Laura, says to them.