A Perfect Match

Part 1 in the Wolfsmate series

Derek raises his eyebrow in surprise when his sisters sit down in front of him, he hoped on an afternoon of peace and silence in the library.

"What do you two want?" He asks them, keeping his voice low.

Cora gives him her infamous smirk, "You've been lonely, Derek."

"Cora!" Laura hisses, hiding her smile and pushing her younger sister softly. "What our sister means, is that you're a 28-year-old and you haven't had a relationship since you were 23. And no one liked Jennifer, so we rather not count it."

"I don't mind being alone." Derek says, turning back to sorting the books.

"Derek, you have no life. You spend all day working in the library or reading in your loft." Cora says, her voice a little too loud.

"Well, I like my life. And that's not completely true." Derek answers with an eyeroll.

"Oh yeah?" Laura asks him, "What else do you do?"

"I visit mom every Sunday, I go grocery shopping, and I hang out with my neighbour sometimes."

"Dude," Cora sighs, "Your neighbour is a 90-year-old who has dementia."

Derek shrugs, "It's not like Cora is seeing anyone."

"Not true, I went on a date yesterday with this guy named Isaac, but it wasn't a match. Never going to use Erica as a dating site ever again." Cora answers, leaning back in her chair.

"That's it!" Laura says, earning a 'shh' from one of Derek's co-worker. "A dating site! Derek, we have to go, we're going to make you an account!"

"What? No." He says, but they're already leaving the building.

"I don't know, Lyds." Stiles says, staring at the screen in front of him.

"Oh, come on." She answers, putting away her phone to focus on him, "Everyone uses dating sites these days."

"What happened to meeting someone in real life? Aren't there like a lot of fake people on these sites? I mean, I've seen Catfish, okay. Both the show and the movie. I don't feel like talking to a creep on the other side of the world."

Lydia rolls her eyes but gives him a smile, "That won't happen. Now, show me what you wrote."

He sighs and turns the laptop so she can see.

"Hm, no. I don't think you should use your, uh, Polish name. I mean, I love it, it's unique, but people would rather date someone with an easy name." She says, "And, you don't even go my Mieczyslaw, so you should just put 'Stiles'."

"Yeah," He says, "When my last boyfriend found out about my real name, he kept calling me by it. And let me tell you, that's not really attractive in bed. Especially since the only other person who calls me that was my mother."

"Ew." Lydia chuckles, "But Kurt was a creep anyway. See, you can meet creeps in real life too."

She keeps reading the profile, and hums in approvement.

"Is it good?" He asks her, still not sure about making an account.

"Surprisingly." She says, "But you should change your profile picture. It should be a picture of just you. Or you with a cute animal. And while Scott is cute, but he's not an animal. Nobody wants to think he's your ex-boyfriend."

She clicks on the avatar and looks through the pictures on his laptop, choosing a picture and adding it. "See, now it's perfect."

"