This Is Not Who I'm Supposed To Be Ch. 6

Chapter 6/11

--

"Hello." Deaton greets a nurse, "Can you tell me where I can find Melissa McCall?"

The nurse nods at him, "She's currently on break, I believe she's in the second room down this hallway." She points her finger at the hallway she's referring.

"Thank you." Deaton answers before following her advice. And when he knocks on the door she had told him too, he sees Melissa's just about to open it.

"Oh, Dr. Deaton, can I help you with something?" Melissa asks him.

"I think I might need your help with something. It's about Stiles."

Melissa looks around, making sure no one is listening to their conversation, but there are barely any people around them. "You mean the fox kid? The one the Hales found?"

Deaton nods, "I'm looking for his biological family. Someone in his family must've decided to continue living as a fox, but their parents or grandparents could've had their blood tested before, there has to be DNA somewhere."

"And how can I help?" She asks him.

"Well, I'm obviously trained to work with animals, since I'm only a veterinarian. Stiles is a human now. And you have access to medical files." He explains to her.

"I'll see what I can do, but what you're asking me to do, looking into medical files, if someone finds out about that I could get into trouble, so I can't promise you I'll be able to help a lot. But I will try my best."

"What are you doing?" Laura asks Derek, standing in the doorway of his room. She had watched him pace in front of his mirror for a few minutes before deciding to speak up.

"What? Nothing?" He responds, his face turning slightly red.

"Really? Nothing?" She raises her eyebrow before walking into his room, sitting down comfortably on his bed, "You smell nervous, what are you planning on doing?"

Her brother sighs, "It's none of your business Laura."

"Oh, it is now." She tells him with a smirk on her face, "You know you can't get rid of me before you tell me what's going on, little brother."

He flashes his eyes at her, she just flashes hers back, making Derek sigh. "I'm going to ask someone out."

"Ooh, who is it? That cute girl from the bakery? She's always so shy and awkward around you, it's adorable." Laura grins.

"No." He answers.

"Uhm... Oh, let me guess, the girl who works at the gym... What was her name... Maria! That was her name, Maria. You guys would make a badass couple."

"It's not her either." He answers, and he looks away. He knew Laura wasn't going to stop until he told her who. But that's the thing, he had never even told his family he was interested in guys. Not that he thinks they won't accept him, Aunt Elizabeth is a lesbian, and everyone was accepting. Their family never judged someone, unless someone was a criminal.

He only figured out he was gay when he was 19, he had never been interested in girls before, he didn't believe love was a real thing, until he met Oliver in college.

At first he didn't feel like he had to tell his parents, he'd plan on just going home one day and introducing his boyfriend, but he never got a boyfriend. Sure, a few hook ups, but you don't take those back to your hometown to introduce to your pack.

After that, he came back home, and didn't feel like dating. He'd meet the right person when the timing was right, he didn't need those special dating sites. So the topic never came up. His parents didn't pressure him in finding a significant other, they left him alone. Which he was really happy about.