This is Not Who I'm Supposed to Be Ch.9

Chapter 9/11

--

"Money?" Talia raises her eyebrow, "What does Araya need money for?"

"Humans love money, Talia. They don't need it, they just want it." Peter tells her.

"She's planning on updating her weapons." Lydia speaks up from the other side of the phone call. Deaton and Parrish look at her in surprise, "What? When she was talking to Deaton and Jordan I looked at the files on her desk."

"Well," Talia sighs, "As long as their following the code, they won't be able to hurt innocents with those guns."

"And she'll talk to the Argents." Laura adds, "So I think you should take the deal."

"I think you should do too." Deaton says, "It's the only way."

"It's not like we don't have the money." Peter says, "I mean, we have enough to do that deal twice."

"Don't bring Araya on ideas." Lydia warns him.

"Okay. Well do it." Talia answers, "We'll pay the money, only if she succeeds stopping the Argents."

Isaac unlocks the door to the building and groans when he walks in, "Seriously? You didn't hear me coming?"

Derek looks up embarrassed and Stiles awkwardly climbs off Derek's lap, buttoning up his shirt.

"Do you have news?" Derek asks, quickly changing the topic.

"Yep." Isaac says, "I also brought food."

Stiles' eyes light up, "Thank God, I was sick of all those sandwiches and cereal."

"What's the news?" Derek asks him and watches Stiles jump up from the couch to grab the food out of Isaac's hand.

"Talia made a deal with the Calaveras." He informs them.

"What?" Derek asks shocked. "But they're hunters?"

"Hunters who go by the code. They'll punish the Argents for not following it. They believe in their code like it's a religion, so the Argents are in a great danger with the Calaveras coming here." Isaac explains and sits down on a couch. He notices one of his comic books laying on the table and he raises his eyebrows.

Derek notices and rolls his eyes, "Stiles likes comic books too, it's the only way to keep him quiet."

"You just literally said, a few minutes before Isaac walked in, that you wanted me to be everything but quiet." Stiles says with his mouthful of food.

Isaac snorts at that, which turns into a chuckle when he sees the blush on his adoptive brother's face.

"Hey, you're going to leave some food for me?" Derek changes the topic again. Stiles gives him an 'innocent' look and Derek sighs, "Don't tell me you already finished it."

"There's a, uh, piece of tomato left." Stiles suggest.

Isaac laughs, "Don't worry, with the Calaveras on their way, Beacon Hills is going to be safer, meaning we'll be able to visit more. Theo will bring you guys dinner tonight. I guess he'll bring extra, kinda forgot we supernaturals need extra food."

"But," Stiles swallows his food before continuing talking, "We're going to be safe?"

Isaac nods, "We'll do everything to keep you safe. Hopefully when the Calaveras are here it only would take a day, maybe two before the Argents will be gone. Then you'll be able to live freely. As long as none of us hurt an innocent hunters will leave us alone."