This Is Not Who I'm Supposed To Be Ch. 5

Chapter 5/11

--

Talia smiles at Claudia as she gives her human friend a cup of tea. She sits down next to her on the couch and watches the human, waiting for her to speak.

Claudia takes a sip of her drink before she starts talking, "I'm just not sure if it's a good idea. Stiles hasn't been human for eighteen years or so. He hasn't had any school before besides what your family teaches his with training. I don't think he'd survive senior year."

Talia shakes her head, "I don't think so either. It'll be tough, he won't have to knowledge as the other students. But won't people think it's weird that the Sheriff's son isn't going to school?"

Claudia stays silent, "We could say he graduated early last year. I mean, people already think its weird that we adopted an eighteen year old."

Talia chuckles softly, "Yeah, I've heard people talk about that. I went shopping with Laura yesterday and heard Ms. Goodman gossip about it. She had at least 3 different theories."

"That's the sad thing about this town, you can't do one thing without everyone knowing." Claudia sighs, putting her cup back on the table.

"Just ignore it. I know they talk about us too. The weird, big family. We live with, what 10 people in one house? Talia chuckles again, "They just do it because they have no life."

Claudia laughs loudly, the sound echoing through the house.

"But back to the school topic, I can ask a few family members if we could teach Stiles some other stuff. Before Derek stopped with college he studied history and literate. Maybe one of my siblings or cousins could teach Stiles things like economics, biology, geography and whatever they have on schools right now." Talia tells her friend, who nods as response.

"My brother has always been interested in science, he could teach Stiles some of it." Claudia answers.

"Don't you feel like you're pressuring him?" A new voice says from the doorway, the two women look up to see Talia's brother, Peter, with crossed arms. "He just turned into a human. Yeah, he should know the basics, but I think you're only scaring him away with all the teaching. He should decide what he wants and what not."

Talia sighs, "I've never said this before, but I do think you're right Peter."

Peter gives her one of his famous smirks, "I'm always right, sister."

"Are you sure this is a good idea, Scott? I have barely met anyone before, I don't know how to act like a human, or an eighteen year old boy." Stiles panics as he sits in the passenger seat of Scott's – well, Scott's mother's car. He's about to meet Scott's group of friends, who are all his age.

"They're all supernatural creatures too, Stiles." Scott tells him, hoping it would calm the fox down. "Malia has been through the same thing as you. And you already know Cora."

"Malia... Isn't that Peter's daughter?" Stiles asks, a little confused. He hadn't seen her yet, she didn't live at the Hale house.

"No, she moved out as soon as she turned eighteen." Scott answers, "No one knows why though."

"Why can't I live on my own?" Stiles asks him.

"I have no idea, I think the Hales want you to get used to being human first." Scott answers, and he parks the car in front of an empty building. Well, the building isn't empty, Scott and his friends made it their hang out place, but no one besides the pack knew that.

"If you really don't want to, we can go back." Scott tells him, "That's okay. I would totally understand that."

Stiles sighs, "No, it's okay. I'm just a little nervous, but making a few new friends doesn't hurt anyone, I guess. Except the feelings of my old friends, not that they're probably still alive... So, yeah, I need to make new friends."