11

The next month goes by quickly.  I'm almost constantly filming all the scenes I need until my surgery.  They are mostly solo but I've done many with the others.

I haven't talked to Tom since we were locked in my closet together.  I steal glances at him and I always catch his eye.  It's not like I don't want to talk to him, it's just that I'm busy and feel like it's too awkward.

But today, exactly one week to my surgery, I have the day off.  I am sitting in my bright red RV reading the book Alas Babylon.  That is until a knock interrupts me, I don't have my foot on so I grab my crutch and make my way to the door.

"Hi." I breathe out seeing it's Tom at the door.

"C-could I come in?" He asks quietly.  I nod and hobble out of the way.  I shut and lock my door behind him and we sit on my couch.

"Sorry I haven't talked to you.  I've been on set.  Everything is being rushed for me." I say tucking my crutch behind the couch.

"It's alright.  I just wanted to... talk about it I guess?" He softly replies. I go to speak but Luka jumps up on the couch.

"Luka! You silly pup!" I gasp kissing his forehead.

"This is the famous Luka." Tom says petting him too.

"Only the most handsome boy ever!" I say letting him lick my face.

"What about me?" Tom gasps.

"Look at Luka though." I say gesturing to the attacking pup.