19

Karlee parks infront of the hospital and helps me out.  I nervously sit in the wheelchair I was previously given and am pushed inside.

"Hi. We are here for a surgery." Karlee says at the front desk.

"What name is it under?" The receptionist asks peering over her small glasses.

"(Y/n) (l/n)" Karlee responds immediately.  She has been at almost every appointment with me since we've become friends and honestly it's hard without her with me.

I watch as Karlee signs a paper and hands it back before we go to the sitting area.

"Karlee. Why aren't you my assistant?" I ask for the millionth time.

"Because I want to be a dolphin trainer." She says disappointed.

"You seem upset. what the heck is wrong?" I grab her hand.

"I don't want the internship anymore. I want to be helping you." She says quietly.

"Boom your hired! Just don't return to Florida! Stay with me!" I say hugging her side.

"Really?" She gasps. Stars sparkling in her eyes.

"Of course! And I'll let you keep Luka in the trailer.  We know He's more of your dog than mine."

"(Y/n) (l/n)!" I hear my name called.  Karlee stands and pushes me back.

I've changed into my hospital gown and got my leg casted for a mold.  As those are valuable.  I am transferred to a gurney.

"Karl.  I'll hopefully see you again." I say kissing her knuckles.

"(N/n) Don't say that. You'll be fine." She says teary eyed.  I feel a sharp pain in my arm.  I look and see an IV set up.  I start feeling whoosy.

"I love you Kar." I whisper before I'm pushed away into the operating room.