-thirtyone-

"Get ready," I said. "I need to show you something."

"But, Tae.. remember what I told you?" Y/N said, leaning against the counter.

"Please? It's the perfect time anyways for us to go." I said.

She sighed and smiled, "Of course, I'll go get ready then."

I watched her head back into her room and, as I heard the door close, I bit my lip. I was scared a little.

-

"So, where are we going?" Y/N asked, laying her head against the window.

"Remember, it's a surprise." I said. "I think you'll like it."

"Hm." And then, there was silence.

-

She fell asleep again the whole drive there.

The stars were shining brightly. The beautiful moon illuminating light on the small mountain. It's perfect.

I shook Y/N lightly, "Hey, wake up."  Then, I leaned over the center console, and shook her more roughly, "Wake up, sleepyhead!" After that, I heard a light snore. I sighed. Then, I blew in her ear. I heard a small moan escape her lips. "Stop.. let me sleep for 5 more minutes..." she whispered.

"Y/N.. we're here," I said, "come on, wake up."

"Tae?" She called out, with her eyes closed. She opened her eyes slowly, meeting mine. I glanced at her lips. So kissable. "Come on, let's go."

"Ah.. okay." She said.

"We have to go on a little hike, but it won't be that long." I said.

She groaned a little bit. "Okay, I guess."

-

We finally made it up. After about 20 minutes. We sat on the soft grass, looking out at the city lights and the sky.

"Isn't this beautiful?" I asked her, smiling. I looked over at her, and she was looking right back at me. We gazed into each other's eyes for a few moments. How can someone this precious suffer?

I love her. I fell in love. Something I've never felt in a long time.

I scooted closer, and closer. Just enough that our shoulders were touching. We never took our eyes off each other. I could go for days doing this. But, eventually, it stopped. "Yeah, it really is. This could be our place when we need a break from life." She said, curling herself up tighter. "Thank you for bringing me here."

"Y/N, you don't have to answer but, it's true you don't have parents, right?" I said, as I looked at her, waiting for a response, or reaction of some sort.

I saw her eyes widen a little. "Um.. yeah." She said, "They died a long time ago."

"So, it was just me. Not my brother, nothing and nobody else. It was always just me." She said, "But, I'm fine now. That you're here."

"Y/N-"

"It doesn't really bother me any-" I interrupted her.

"Y/N." I said.

"What?"

"You're crying."