2

Oh yeah, he forgot to mention. Other than his sexuality, the only other thing interesting about Joe (and not inherently creepy at all ) was that he had a life sized cardboard cut out of Ben. Rami had helped him measure and print out the whole thing from a picture of Ben they found in the school yearbook last year, and since then Joe was unable to sleep without saying goodnight to it at least once .

Of course only him and Rami knew about Cardboard Ben, or what Rami insisted his name was: " Ben Cardy".

Joe smiled once more at his prized possession. "Goodnight Ben." Ben Cardy didn't say anything back, just flashing his dazzling smile back at Joe, but it was enough. Joe swooned to himself before crashing onto his bed, the smile Ben gave him during the game still replaying in his mind.

×××××

Rami was sick today.

Turns out there was a reason for his tiredness and sluggish behaviour yesterday night.

"Rami, classes are gonna start soon..."        Joe desperately shook Rami, who was still knocked out cold. This meant Rami would be ditching him at school, but as much of an introvert as he was, Joe didn't like being totally alone.
" Lemme.... Lemme sleep mom. " Rami muttered, eyelids remaining shut.
Boy, he really was sick. Joe felt his forehead and knew that it was definitely going to be a Rami-less day today. He sighed, got a wet towel and placed it over Rami's forehead.

"mm.. Thanks mom.."

Joe picked up his backpack and opened his cupboard to look at Ben Cardy. " Looks like I'll be alone today." Joe sighed, but looking at Ben's face, he couldn't bring himself to frown.

×××××

Joe sat near the baseball pitch. Though he disliked the sport as a whole, he couldn't help but admit that it brought some sort of comfort to him. He was having a break between classes, so he might as well hang around somewhere he liked rather than force himself to sit alone in the cafeteria, which would make his lack of friends even more obvious. He leaned against the wire cage enclosing the pitch with his backpack next to him, plugged in his earpieces and shut his eyes ( at least this gave him something to do rather than stare into blank space.)

Joe had gotten through the second chorus of You're my Best Friend before a sudden dull pain erupted on the bridge of his nose and spread to the rest of his face. His eyes flew open upon impact, hands cradling his throbbing face as he spotted the baseball that had hit him rolling on the floor. What the fuck?               
"Fuckin nerd. Where's you're frog faced friend loner?"
Not cool, it was only alright to call Rami a frog if Joe said it.
"What do you want Prenter?" Joe was tired of this bully who was stomping towards him.
Paul looked taken aback, "Oh, so today you choose to open your mouth." Paul laughed, before suddenly striking Joe's jaw. The impact blew skinny little Joe off his feet, landing with a sickening thud. He hardly had time to register the pain before Paul was on top of him, ready to deliver another blow. Joe hated how easy he was to pick on. He raised his arms to protect his head and braced for pain. However, none came.

"Get off him!"

The weight of Paul was relieved and Joe looked up to see Him. It sounded so cheesy, but it was true. His knight in shining armour... Well.. actually in a white tank and khaki shorts, was here to rescue him. Upon seeing Ben, Paul scowled at Joe before scrambling up and running away.
Joe stared at Ben in disbelief.
Did that just happen?
Ben sighed and ran his hand through his hair before looking down at him. Joe immediately closed his gaping mouth and hoped that Ben didn't notice him staring for that long, but then Joe was greeted with that dazzling smile. The one he was so familiar with but never actually got to see in real life. And this time it was directed at him. Ben offered his hand to Joe. "You alright there?"
"Uhhh." Joe scrambled for words, hesitantly stretching out his hand, wondering if he should take Ben's. Before he could decide, Ben smirked and grabbed Joe's palm, pulling him up.

Joe almost fell back down right there and then.

"yeh I'm good.. Thanks for that."
Ben smiled again. " No problem, we should always look out for other students, am I right or am I right?" he joked. It wasn't even funny but Joe laughed and nodded.
Joe looked down at their hands, Ben still holding his. "uhm..."
Ben followed Joe's gaze and noticed as well. " Oh sorry.." Ben chuckled nervously before letting Joe go.

No Ben, don't be sorry.

Ben squinted his eyes at Joe. " You're Joe, right?"

Ben Hardy knows my name. Ben Hardy knows my name..

"Im Ben by the way, Ben Hardy."

I know.

" Im the quarter back for our school's foot ball team--"

I know

" But I bet you already know cause you were at last night's game."

Wait what? Was that smirk yesterday really aimed at him?

" You saw me?"  Joe quizzed.
" Uhm.. Yeah. You were right at the end of the stadium. Best place to be if you ask me. Its where you get the best views of all the touchdowns. " Ben explained. Damnit Rami he knows that too!!

Ben noticed Joe's fallen earpieces and picked it off the ground." Oooohh whatcha listning to?" Ben placed one ear bud into his ear. Joe hoped that the playlist hadn't shuffled to that one song----

"With my hand on your grease gun???" Ben laughed

" ItS a MeTaPHor Ben!!"

×××××

Im in love with my cAaarRRRR

Got A feeL for my automibIILLLEEEE