3

"You have... A peculiar taste in music" Ben quipped.

Since they had the same class, Joe found himself walking to mechanics with Ben. He could hardly hardly contain his excitement, like bubbles in champagne rising to the top. Its the first time he's ever talked or stood right next to Ben.....well in real life anyway.

"I guess Im more into the 80s and 90s." Joe said with a shrug.
Ben looked intrigued " And a band named  Queen..that pretty flamboyant if you ask me."
"Well because its outrageous, and I can't find anyone else more outrageous than me."
Ben looked wide eyed at Joe. " You? Outrageous? Bitch please." Ben shoved a palm in Joe's face. Joe laughed. Ben was everything he imagined. Humble, cute, engaging. Why was a jock like him even interacting with a low class nobody like himself? They reached class sooner than expected, which kind of made Joe rather sad. Since Rami wasn't here, he would have to sit alone.

They both entered the class together. Joe clutched his fist. He was gonna ask Ben if he would like to be deskmates for the day. If not now, when? Joe didn't know when the next time he got to talk to Ben was.
"Hey uhm, do you maybe wanna sit together or something?---"

"YO BENNY!!" A voice coming from a group of jocks called from across the room,  "Over here!.. Wait what are you doing with that Mazzello kid?" one guy called
"Dude it's that loner nerd who plays baseball," another guy sniggered and the rest of the group followed suit.

Joe's face immediately flushed red. The hole in his heart grew bigger and bigger. Of course, standing next to Ben he was this scrawny pussy who played fucking baseball. But deep down he'd hoped that Ben would stand up for him again.

Of course his happiness was always short-lived.

Ben looked at him, not even bothering to answer his previous question, before coldly turning away and walking to his group of jocks where he was greeting with high fives and fist pumps.

Joe bit his tongue and hated himself more for being an easy cryer. He trudged to the back of the classroom and took a seat alone, wishing he had fallen sick today too.

×××××

Joe burst through into the dorm room, storming past Rami who was wrapped in a blanket in front of the tiny TV playing video games. "How was today in school without me?" Rami called without looking up from the screen. Joe didn't answer, instead dropping his bag by his desk and collapsing face first onto his bed.
Rami frowned at the lack of response, "Boy who did you learn your manners from??"

Joe just groaned. Not now Rami.

The entire scene kept replaying and replaying in Joe's mind, like a nightmare he couldn't forget. Scratch that, it was exactly a nightmare he couldn't forget. He tried to think of the moment where Ben had rescued him from Paul , but it was always replaced with Ben's cold look in the classroom. Why did he even think Ben would want to sit next to him??

Joe felt something poke his back. Groaning yet again, he turned around to face Ben Cardy shoved in his face. Rami's head peeked out from behind the standee, "C'mon Joe cheer up, I'm here!!" Rami said, trying to imitate Ben's voice.
"ArghHh." Joe buried his face in his pillow again, leaving a very confused (and unfortunately still sick) Rami.

20 minutes later Rami thought it'd be okay to check on his silent friend.

" Lovie what happened? You go one day in school without me and you come back crying your ass off." Rami shook Joe.

Joe thought about it for a while, before removing his pillow and telling Rami everything that happened. Of course, this would probably seem like nothing to Rami but Joe was still utterly devastated.
" And thats why I dont want to see Ben fucking Cardy in my face right now." Joe concluded , burying his face into the pillow yet again.

Rami was a good listener, and Joe was thankful for that. However, instead of offering words of comfort, he patted Joe's head, stood up and said," Welp! I'm gonna go have a chat with the camp coordinator."

Camp? That wasn't until 2 weeks.

"huh?" Joe looked up from the pillow.

" Bye darling, be back in 20!" Rami headed for the exit.

"But.. You're still sick--,"

Rami slammed the door shut, leaving Joe alone with his horrible thoughts yet again. Great, even Rami left him at his worst! Joe propped himself up on his elbows, only to see cardboard Ben strewn on the floor. Reluctantly, he picked him up gently, placed him back into the cupboard and shut its doors .

There wouldn't be any "goodnights" from Joe today.

×××××

Someone help me ive been binge watching videos of Deaky playing the triangle during Killer Queen 😞😞😞😞 UWUU

ALSO ALSO JOE MADE A YOUTUBE ACCOUNT WHATT???!!! im WHE3ZING 😂

Go sub to Mozzerella