4

7 days went by with Joe avoiding Ben as much as possible. Rami, being an understanding friend, made it his life's job to help out.

Sometimes, Joe caught Ben staring at him in the halls. Was it one of spite? Pity? Disgust? He couldn't tell because he refused to hold eye contact for more than a millisecond. This was driving Joe crazy. In the dorm, even looking at Ben Cardy made his heart ache so bad that he banished the Cardboard standee under his bed.

Friday, 8th March, a week before the camp.

Joe and Rami were heading to class before Rami excused himself to the toilet. Not wanting to be late, Joe went off without him.

He almost reached the classroom when he saw Him. Standing there by the door. Hands in his pocket, blonde hair still managing to shine despite the lack of sunlight. Joe didn't want to move. He didn't even want to breathe, but he wasn't ready to die so he pinched his thigh and continued on. He kept his head low, stared at the ground and prepared to brace for embarrassment when walking into the classroom, but he barely made it through the door when he felt a strong grip on his wrist.

"Hey Joe.."

Joe freaked and almost dropped his books.

He didn't respond. He couldn't.

Ben loosened his grip a little, but kept holding on.
" I just wanted to apologise..." Ben tried to look into Joe's eyes but Joe kept his trained onto a spot on the floor.

" Look, I acted like a dick last week, and I'm sorry."

"Nah.. Its nothing. I should've known you wouldn't wanna sit with me. Its alright," Joe lied, trying to leave as quick as possible.

Ben's grip tightened once again, preventing Joe from taking a step, "No but I do. Well.. I did actually want to..." Ben trailed off when he saw Rami approaching.

Joe shrugged his hand free and Ben let go this time." I guess I'll catch you later?" Ben said with uncertainty and stuffed his hands in his pockets again before entering the room. Rami went up to Joe," Woah what was that about?"
" I don't... know." Joe muttered, " Cmon lets go in." He tried to end the conversation before him and Rami walked to their seats. Of course, he couldn't help but take a look and Ben on the way.

This time, Joe and Ben kept full eye contact.

×××××

9.00pm

"Joe you sure you don't wanna come to Miami's party?" Rami asked for the 10th time. " Yes Rami I'm sure. If anything I'll just be a clingy magnet and a whole drag." Joe said while pouring hot wated into his minute noodle cup. Unlike Rami, Joe disliked social gatherings, especially with Rami because he always felt like he was holding Rami back from fully enjoying himself. He'd rather much let his friend do his thing while he lazed around in the dorm.

Rami opened the closet door, grabbed Ben Cardy and started stroking his arm. " I'm sure Mr. Cardy will be there.." He taunted.

" Rami for the last time I don't want to see his face."

" Boo you're no fun."

John rolled his eyes and Rami left, slamming the door. Okay. Joe has his noodles, a small TV, a bunch of rentals and a whole night to himself. He decided to build a fort with his and Rami's pillows, cuddle inside and watch a movie.
Now this was the kind of party Joe loved.

"KnOck kNoCk knOck!"

Three sharp taps on the door made Joe almost spill his boiling soup. " Mothed fucker!" he cursed before immediately covering his mouth. Pissed at the loss of his soup, Joe trudged to the door and opened it.

"Rami I swear if you forget your keys one more time---"

Only it wasn't Rami, but Ben at the door.
" Ben!" Joe's voice came out an octave higher, which Ben noticed, causing him to laugh.
" Joe!" Ben imitated Joe's tone. " Hey I was really hoping I'd catch you after class but you left so early.... "

Yeah about that...

"Aren't you supposed to be at Miami's party or something?" Joe asked sceptically.

" Nah, I thought I'd ditch the guys for tonight. To see you. " Blood rushed to Joe's face as he kept looking down. He left a party for him? Ben's face suddenly got serious.   "Look, I really do wanna apologise. Properly. And I won't stop till I get accepted."

Joe's thoughts went wild. Rami wasn't here. Ben was at his mercy. Before he could even think it through, his large mouth opened,     
" I'll accept your apology if you come in for a movie. "

The fuck?! JOSEPH MAZZELLO ARE YOU JUST WAITING TO GET REJECTED AGAIN?

His thoughts were so loud that he almost didn't hear Ben accepting his invite.

Ben bit his lip. " Just you and me? Perfect."
Joe led Ben to his pillow fort that was only big enough for one. "Whaddya want to watch?" Joe asked while looking through his rental collection.

Ben was too busy looking around Joe's dorm. "Um anything" he said absentmindedly while reaching to open Joe's closet.

The closet.

Joe dashed to the closet door and slammed it shut, shocking Ben. " OoooH you got some shady shit in there." Ben gave a sly smile. Joe heaved a sigh of relief, " Yeah, thats about it. "
Ben put both hands in the air and smiled,    " Well I won't go through your super secret stash of coke then. Jeez Mazzello you wild!"
Ben headed towards Joe's rental collection, "Hmm how about Jurassic Park...."

Joe turned and placed his lips against the closet, "Cardy I swear if you make a noise when Ben is around, you're grounded for a week.

×××××

Joe noticed a problem immediately. " I think my fort's too small." He stared awkwardly at Ben who had made himself comfortable inside.
Ben looked around, shuffled to the left and patted the small space next to him. "I bet you could fit here." He said. No way. That would mean full on head to toe contact with Ben, just to squeeze in next to him.
" Cmon, you already made this fort, might as well use it." Ben urged.

Deep down, Joe knew he wanted that contact. Deep down Joe knew the things he wanted to do with Ben Hardy. He crawled into the tiny space awkwardly, squishing in next to Ben. Ben sighed.  "Come closer, your gonna knock down the fort! " he said, before grabbing Joe and pulling him close. Joe almost died. Oh God oh God oh God.

"There, isn't that much more comfortable? Ben said before turning his attention to the movie.

Unfortunately for Joe, the thing growing in his way-too-tight underwear was making him feel extremely, extremely uncomfortable.

×××××

We stan horny Joe UWUWUWUWUUW
💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

ALSO ALSO SUB TO JOE MAZZELLO IS BORED :)))))))) ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️