8

QUICK NOTE JIC: basically Ben finds himself strangely gravitated to Joe of that incident a year ago. As for Mazzie he obviously has a crush on Ben but he totally doesn't know that Ben was the person he had helped.

xxxxx

 14th March, 5pm, Ben's big game, 1 day to camp.

Joe and Rami arrived at the stadium, once again decked out in purple and white. Clutching the two tickets in his hand, he handed it to the ticketing officer. Much to their surprise, the lad stood up, personally escorting them to their seats. "Woah what are we some VIPs or something?" Rami marveled at the special treatment he was receiving. "We've been asked to reserve you two seats. Courtesy of the quarter-back, Ben Hardy I think it was." The officer kindly explained. Joe's heart almost gave out when he saw where Ben had put him: Exactly where he sat the last time, right at the end of the stadium, with the best view of the touchdowns. The boys thanked the man before eagerly taking their seats. Joe tried to hide his smile as much as he could. Ben was just being nice, that's all. Nothing more than that. He turned to look at Rami who had a weird grin plastered on the side of his face, his eyes focused on his phone as his thumbs rapidly texted something. Joe wasn't the type to poke his nose in other people's businesses, but Rami texting someone? This he had to see.

5:00pm

Good luck Lee 😊

Thanksssssss. See you after?

You know it.

Joe was gonna ask him who the heck that was when the entire spectator stand erupted in cheer, signalling the arrival of the teams. Just like the last match, Ben emerged onto the field, the stadium lights yet again illuminating his golden hair, resulting in yet another round of cheers from everyone. But this time, instead of doing his usual big wave to the crowd, he only locked eyes with one person. The deafening cheers became blocked out and Joe's vision tunnelled to Ben's eyes and only his eyes. The blonde added wink at the end, his tongue swept across his lips before breaking the eye contact. 

"GO GWILYM MY CHILD!" His Egyptian friend suddenly screamed, followed by a repetition of Hoots at the end. In the lineup next to Ben, a tall, greyish blonde boy (Joe thought he looked more like a Man though), turned around and laughed upon seeing Rami before returning his enthusiastic wave. 

xxxxx

They were neck and neck with the opposition but Ben scored a touchdown in the last minute. The school went wild, they had a winning team for 2 years in a row now, with Ben Hardy being the MVP. Joe decided to head down from the bleachers to congratulate the star athlete, deciding it was the least he should do in return for the reserved seats that Ben had given him. 

Turns out about 30 other people had the same thought as him. The blonde was practically drowning in a sea of people, all trying to get a picture of him, of the trophy, god knows what. The small framed boy tried to squeeze though the crowd of sweaty bodies and screaming girls, only to be pushed back even further. "Hey sorry I'm here to see my friend..." Joe tried to talk his way through.  A girl whose face was badly caked with makeup, with a skimpy crop top and too short shorts looks at him like he was some piece of chewed up gum spat out on the sidewalk, " The fuck you doing here Baseball?" That's all she said. 6 words, but that made Joe turn right around and out the stadium. Once again, he hated himself for being such as easy crier.

Joe hated this. He hated how his standing was always seen as inferior and lesser than. Why couldn't just see his friend? Why didn't he have the right to congratulate him? Why did people have to be so cold?

That's when it hit him. He didn't HAVE the right to call Ben his friend. He was a lowly baseball nerd. Ben was the school's star quarter back who would be better off without him anyway. He didn't belong at the stadium. He didn't belong on the field or the bleachers. He wasn't allowed to be there. Joe decided not to disturb Rami because he knew he was probably meeting that Gwilym boy. He sucked up his tears, pushed his way out and ran to his only safe place. A place that cause him ridicule and belittling, be a safe place nonetheless. He sunk down and leaned his back ontp the wire cage enclosing the pitch. There he stayed, and there he cried.

xxxxx

" I thought I'd find you here! " A voice murdered the silence. Joe didn't have to look up to know who it was, he quickly wiped his face with the back of his hand, hoping the night masked his  tear stained face. Unfortunately Joe's sniffles gave it away. " Hey... hey.... are you alright? Did you not like the seats?" Ben ran to Joe and crouched down beside him, grabbing his hand as if upon instinct. Joe almost flinched at the warm touch. He shook his head profusely. " No no the seats were perfect. You played so so well." Joe tried for a smile. The dim lighting illuminated Ben's worried features. " Then what's wrong? Tell me Joe." His voice so soothing that Joe immediately leaned his face into Ben's hand that had somehow found to the ginger's cheek. He still shook his head, but a tear that fell from his eyes betrayed his actions. Ben's thumb swiped it away before Joe could do it himself. 

The two stayed like that for a minute in silence, Ben kneeling beside Joe, one hand on Joe's, the other cradling his face. Joe had never felt so comfortable at the pitch before.

Ben put an end to the moment. "You're so fucking pretty." Ben drew his face closer and Joe felt lips press into his. Adrenaline pulsed through his body. His first ever kiss. Soft, sweet. Tingles shot down his spine as he felt Ben's fingers run through his hair and tug ever so gently as he slowly deepened the kiss. Joe's mind blanked as he did the only thing he could do: Melt.

Finally the blonde parted for air, but kept their foreheads still in contact. 

" You're so fucking pretty."

xxxxx

Im a hoe for Hardzello what can I say :3

Happy reading!!!