12

The ride was the most fun bus journey Joe had ever had. Well to be fair Joe never had any friends besides Rami, and he who would not be named , to sit next to. No offence to Rami but having the two Brits join their group increased the enjoyment, and he was sure the Rami felt the same way too. They chatted and played around, but Joe couldn't help but notice the dirty stares some of the jocks were giving them.

"Truth or dare." Rami suddenly suggested.

"You want me to spill my secrets out to two people I hardly know?" Gwilym accused jokingly. "There's always the dare option," Ben replied smugly. 

Gwilym shrugged, "You're right. Bring it on Rams." 

"Truth or dare?" Rami rolled his eyes as he repeated his question. 

"Truth," He replied rather confidently considering his last statement.

 "Shoot, shack or marry. 3 of us." Rami raised an eyebrow and Ben almost choked on the lollipop. "DUDE!" Gwilym yelled, but followed with a, "Shoot Benjamin, marry Rams and kiss Joe." He winked at the ginger for added effect, earning a glare from Ben which Joe didn't notice.

"'Kay I choose Rams. Truth or dare." Gwilym announced, lollipop still dangling from his lips. Rami hummed in thought, "Truth."

Ben spoke this time, "Are you gay?"

Gwilym's eyes flew open and he reached over the seat to whack Ben on the head, "You can't just ask people this kind of thing!" Joe giggled as he watched the blonde cry in pain. 

Rami laughed, "I don't know. Maybe, probably, for one person. Why? Do I give off a vibe?" He tried to play it off lightly while Gwilym was practically squirming in his seat. "Just playing the game." Ben raised his hands in surrender.

"My turn to ask the questions," Gwilym glared at Ben. "Joe truth or Dare" he questioned, peering over the seat to look at Joe. 

"Truth," He said, not wanting to embarrass himself in the middle of the bus. Gwil narrowed his eyes at the ginger, "You a virgin?"  It was now Ben's turn to attack Gwil.

Rami looked over at Joe, who had become silent. Should he answer truthfully? He didn't know. Rami shook his head, giving a knowing smile, letting him know that it was okay not to share if he didn't feel like it. Yet Joe felt that he should at least play fair.

"No.." he answered simply. Ben immediately stopped hitting Gwilym and looked at the ginger beside him. "Oh.." Ben muttered, face clearly riddled with disappointment as he sunk back into his seat, leaving Joe confused. Losing his virginity wasn't something he was proud of. More specifically because of who he lost it to. His eyes glazed over, causing him to immediately regret his decision as the thought began to flood back into his mind--

"Joey we're getting off the bus." Ben's voice pulled him back into reality. "Oh," He managed as he peeled his ass off the seat. Everyone hopped off the bus to collect their bags. Joe was about to start looking for his when Ben handed the black duffel bag to him. "Here," He smiled. Joe rolled his eyes but grinned. "You don't gotta do everything for me y'know." He complained. Ben shrugged, "I'm your guardian angel, s'posed to looked after you." Ben handed the bag to Joe. "Which reminds me, it's your turn." Ben said, pointing to the lollipop sticking out from the corner of his mouth. Joe's cheeks flushed pink as he shyly pressed his lips onto Ben's. The blonde pushed the lolly into his small mouth with his tongue, swiping Joe's lips softly in the process. "Sweeter than before," Joe moaned and Ben blushed. The pair turned to look at their two friend who were bickering as usual.

"It's MY FUCKING LOLLIPOP and I want it BACK."

"But You GAVE it to me!"

"BiTCH!"

"LANGUAGE!"

Ben sighed, running a hand though his golden locks. "Let's go guys," He called.

All students were then assigned to their rooms. The area had about 10 cabins, all arranged in a "U" shape surrounding a huge campfire, which of course had not been lit up yet. Each cabin had two rooms which were built to accommodate two people each. To Joe's surprise, all 4 of them were placed in the same cabin. 

Rami had his ways.

The boys were assigned to cabin 2. Of course Rami and Joe shared a room while Gwil and Ben shared the other. All students unpacked and settled down before congregating at the dining hall. As the 4 of them walked to the buffet line, they inevitably passed by the table of Jocks. Joe was half-expecting Ben and Gwilym to full on ditch them for their friends, but to his and Rami's surprise, they didn't. 

"YES THEY HAVE STRING CHEESE!" Rami screamed as he made a beeline for the buffet. None of the other boys understood Rami's excitement as they watched him pile his plate high with the processed diary, totally ignoring the proper food. This garnered a chuckle from Gwilm, though. Joe settled on a chicken sandwich while Ben and Gwil both got a hotdog each. For the first time ever the four of them had a meal together. Not at different ends of the cafeteria, but at the same table, talking, joking, fully enjoying each others' presence. As much as he liked Ben, Joe never expected him to be so warm, so friendly, he never saw Ben like that. Not around the jocks at least. 

Gwil decided it would be funny to shove his sausage as far down his throat as he would go. Rami pelted him with cheese.

After what seemed like forever, everyone finished their dinner. The camp coordinator Mr May announced that they wouldn't do any activities and turn in for the night instead. Joe looked out the windows to see the moon illuminating the night sky. Gee he didn't know night had already fallen. Everyone headed to the cabins, and Joe was glad because he couldn't wait to crash into bed. Rami and Gwil however, had wandered off somewhere. But Joe barely had the mind to think about that,as in the concealment of the night, Ben intertwined his fingers with Joe, strolling together slowly at the back of the group. 

Once again Joe was grateful for the lack of light. His face was an embarrassing shade of red.

They reached the cabin, and Joe turned the doorknob to his room. "Night" he smiled. "Night Joey," Ben sighed, his fingers lingering on Joe's before finally letting him go and retiring to his own room. Joe took a lightning fast shower, brushed his teeth and washed his face before unzipping his duffel bag.

Ben Cardy smiled from under the pile of clothes. 

Joe carefully lifted him out of the bag and tucked him under his duvet on his bunk. He didn't always sleep with the standee in bed, but this was an unknown room, and Joe somehow felt safer with his printout right next to him. He got into bed, flicked off the light switch and got on his phone. He lazily scrolled through social media for about a half hour before turning it off for bed. "Good night Ben," He muttered to the standee, as he shut his eyes.

"Good night Joey."

Joe's eyes flew open and he freaked. DID BEN CARDY JUST... TALK? He frantically fumbled for the lightswitch and he flicked it, revealing Ben (the real Ben) leaning on the door frame. Ben chuckled, "I didn't mean to scare ya, just wanted to---"

'......'

" That's..that's....me..." the blonde stuttered.

Joe stared wide eyed at living version of the cardboard standee lying in bed next to him.

shit