6

Joe opened his groggy eyes, stifling a yawn. The room was unusually bright at this time of the day causing him to realize that he had forgotten to shut the blinds. Rubbing his eyes again, we looked and saw the main menu of Jurassic Park still displayed on the TV. Did he fall asleep half way during the movie? Joe tried to prop himself up, but he was stopped by and arm slung protectively around his shoulder. Suddenly Joe's' face burned hot red as he turned to find Ben right beside him, his arm wrapped around Joe's upper back, still sleeping as soundly as ever. Memories of the night before flooded back into Joe's muddled mind. He didn't want to wake Ben up, more importantly he didn't want Ben to let go, so Joe laid back in his position, his eyes trailing the silhouette of the blonde. He looked at lips; Full. Pink. Partly opened as small snores escaped his mouth. His eyes trailed up to his structured nose, then up to his eyelashes. Those blonde lashes that curled up naturally, as if his blue eyes weren't pretty enough. Joe couldn't help but muster a smile as he felt his heart rate beating faster. Ben was a literal angel, and Joe lay melted in his arms.

All too soon, those lashes started fluttering and Ben opened his eyes. Upon instinct Joe jumped up, Ben's hand fell down to the small of his back.

"Hey buddy," Ben smiled when he saw Joe's face. He saw his hand still in contact with Joe's body, and shyly retracted it. Of course, Joe was a little sad at the loss of his touch, but the angel's morning face and hair made him feel all giddy. "B-Ben... look about last night I didn't mean to fall asleep-"

"No don't apologize!" the blonde said, startling Joe a little. "It felt right."

Joe looked up from his mess of pillows.

Ben spoke up again, "What I mean is... I feel protective of you." he said, his startling blue eyes never leaving Joe's. Protective? Joe tried to return his look but it just made him blush even more than he already was. He hoped that Ben wouldn't notice.

"Ever since that brush with Paul, I just feel like I want to make sure you're okay. All the time." Joe could feel Ben's fingers ghost his, which majorly freaked him out, causing him to immediately pull his hand back. Ben's expression suddenly changed. Joe couldn't tell what that expression was ,scratch that, he didn't even know what to think. It made no sense. Ben Hardy hardly knew him, yet he felt like it was job to protect him? This was too good to be true. Joe so truly wanted Ben's words to be the truth but he couldn't shake the thought that the jock was just pitying him. His voice spoke up before his mind could fully process the situation, "Protective? I'm fine, really. I don't need some jock I hardly know being my guardian angel."

Ben's facial expression changed again, and this time Joe could read it all too clear: Hurt.

Ben bit his lip, "... alright then." He got up from the pile of pillows, adjusted his clothes and walked to the door, "Thanks for the movie and the sleep. I've honestly never slept that well in a very long time." Ben said emotionlessly, his eyes glossed over before muttering a quick goodbye. "Wait Ben-" Joe started, but the angel had already taken off, leaving a regretful and confused Joe on the floor, still surrounded by a messy pile of pillows.

......

"YOUR MAJESTY DEMANDS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!" a voice called as the door slammed open, revealing a Rami dressed in nothing but a crown, royal cape and white boxers.

Seeing Joe on the ground with ruffled bed hair, crinkled pjs and in the middle of a heap of pillows made Rami's imagination run wild, especially after he saw Ben Hardy walk out of their very dorm.

The boy immediately rushed over to his friend, shaking him silly, bombarding him about questions about what had happened last night. But his ginger roommate didn't say anything. Instead of looking happy or in a romantic daydream, Rami noticed that Joe was the exact opposite. He tried asking what was wrong, but he got a deadpan, "Nothing happened, now let's just go and enjoy and weekend shall we? Please go put something decent on before my eyes melt out of their sockets." Well, at least the Joe he knew was there. But Rami wasn't done yet. While helping Joe pack up the pillows and make the beds, the little froggo already was scheming up a Plan number 2.

xxxxx

Joe posted another vIDEOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I swear he is content king AND the best celebrity to ever exist. <3

Also I better tone down my obsession with Ben and Joe before my boyfriend gets too annoyed lmao.

Happy reading :3