11

15th March, Camp

"Got everything?" Joe called. He was responsible for making sure his forgetful friend brought all the items he needed to survive the duration of the stay. Rami scanned over his items one more time. "Yep yep." He quipped in response. Joe glanced at his watch. They had a good 15 minutes to walk over to the football field where everyone would be gathered. He did one more quick check around the dorm to make sure all water taps were off, all appliances were switched off ecetera, while the Egyptian sat there observing his friend. "You know this could have been done a lot quicker if you helped me," Joe complained while flicking off a switch. "What are friends for?!" Rami smiled and gave Joe a back hug. Of course, Joe smiled back at Rami, before feeling something slip into his front pocket. He pulled out what appeared to be ... a condom. Joe flushed red as he shoved Rami, who had burst into hysterical laughter, off him, "DUDE WHAT THE HELL?"

"Like I said, what are friends for?" Rami grinned and placed a kiss on his cheek, before grabbing his and Joe's bags out the door. Joe shook his head and pulled on his 3-sizes-too-big varsity jacket, but couldn't wipe the smile off his face as he followed Rami out. 

xxxxx

The two friends reached the field with 5 minutes to spare. Most people were already there, the grass littered with duffel bags of all sorts. Rami and Joe found a place to sit while waiting for everyone to turn up. Bored, Joe fished two lollipops from his bag and handed the grape flavoured to Rami while popping the glossy pink strawberry one in his mouth. 

BZZT

Joe fished his phone out from his back pocket,  "If you wanna talk to me I'm right here y'know..' Joe rolled his eyes at his friend before even checking his notification, knowing that no one ever texted him except Rami. Rami just flashed a toothy grin, "Joe it wasn't me." 

He was confused. He unlocked his phone, wondering who or what messaged him at this time of day:

-------

Unknown user:

Joey u thr alr??

-------

'Ben' Joe muttered under his breath. Of course, his heart fluttered, yet he didn't recall giving his number....

Joe turned to Rami, that stupid grin not leaving the boy's face, "You gave Ben Hardy my fucking number?!" he questioned, though he already knew the answer.

Rami put his finger to his chin in pretend-thought, " Well, teeeechnically I gave Gwilym your number, who gave it to Ben, so I didn't really give him you're number..." He concluded.

 "Yeah no shit Sherlock you told him to give my number," Joe punched Rami  in the arm, almost knocking Rami's lollipop out of his mouth upon impact, before returning his attention to his phone.

"Yeah well of course Gwil would, I'm not the only one who thinks ya'll cute y'know," Rami muttered under his breath. He didn't think Joe heard it, but the ginger did, his cheeks turning as pink as his lollipop. Even that Gwilym guy thought they were cute?

Joe's phone burned in his hands. Should he reply? Even if he did, he didn't know how. Turns out he didn't have to. 

"JOEY!" Joe looked up to see a face which matched that angelic voice. Ben was with his group of jocks, the tall lad beside him who was also waving in his direction was probably Gwilym, all carrying their own bags. Rami enthusiastically waved at Gwilym, while Joe shyly wiggled his fingers. He felt really small and awkward greeting Ben, especially when he was around his Jocks. Especially because of last time. To his surprise, both Ben and Gwilym ditched their friends, earning a few confused looks from them, as they headed towards Joe and Rami. The blonde smiled sweetly upon setting his eyes upon Joe, cheeks evidently blushing. 

"What flavour ?" he asked, and it took Joe a while to realise he was referring to his lollipop. Before he could answer though, Ben slipped it out of Joe's lips and popped it into his mouth. "Strawberry.." he hummed. Joe giggled. " Hey give it back, I only have two and the other's with Rami" he whined. Ben wiggled his eyebrows, "Then I guess we'll have to share then--"

"Get a fucking room guys," Gwilym joked as he stifled a laugh, Rami nodding in agreement. 

"Oh yeah Joe I forgot to introduce you, this is Gwilym. Gwilym Lee." Ben gestured towards the Brit. Joe stuck his hand out for a shake but instead was engulfed in a warm hug. "Can call me Gwil, nice to meet ya," he said as he broke the hug. Joe immediately felt comfortable around this friendly lad, "Likewise, Mr I'll-give-Ben-Joe's-number," The ginger joked.

"Oi I swear it was Rami's idea.. though I admit I was more than happy to follow along," he admitted, eyes darting excitedly between Joe and Ben.

Joe blushed while Ben rested a hand on his knee. Rami seemed to notice Joe's lollipop in Ben's mouth and grinned. "Hey Gwil you wanna try?" He said, pointing to the stick poking out the corner of his mouth.

"Flavour?"

"Grape."

Gwilym opened his mouth and Rami popped his candy in. Joe couldn't help but admit they were being adorable too.

Soon the boys' time together was ended by the camp coordinator yelling for everyone to get on the bus. The 4 boys loaded their luggage and hopped on.

"BENNY, GWIL OVER HERE!" a masculine voice called from the back of the bus.  The whole football team had taken the back row, some with cigarettes dangling out the corner of their mouths, others with girls draped over them. Ben shook his head, " No thanks guys, me and Gwil will hang out at the front." Gwilym smiled apologetically at them before taking a window seat up at the front, beckoning Rami to the seat next to him.  

Joe was gonna take the window seat in front of Gwilym, but Ben blocked him.

"No fair.." Joe whined.

"You need an entrance fee." 

Joe took a quick glance at the people on the bus. No one was paying attention to them; either listening to music, on their phones, talking or sleeping. Okay. 

He leaned up and planted a quick kiss on Ben's lips, the strawberry flavour ever so present.

The blonde smiled, "Access granted."

xxxx

another filler fluff hahaha sorry if you wanted story development...