13

"That's...that's me..."

Heart almost leaping out of his chest, Joe struggled getting words put of his mouth as his brain wrestled with his thoughts, the loudest one being 

Great. Now he's gonna think you're some pervert who's in love with and jerks of to a cardboard cutout.

In Joe's defense, it wasn't entirely true. At least the jerking off part wasn't.

"Fuck, I...," Joe's face burned red yet again but for the wrong reason. He just managed to make Ben his, and he was going to lose him just like that. Joe tried to look for any form of emotion on Ben's face. Hate? Disgust? Joe couldn't find any. The blonde just stared at his own image under the sheets emotionlessly, making Joe's nervousness hit the roof.

"Ben... it's just that sleeping with it calms my nerves. I swear I don't do anything to it." Joe quickly spilled, twiddling with his thumbs. Ben still refused to meet his gaze. "Please say something," Joe pleaded, tears now materialising in his eyes. 

Silence. 

Joe was about to plea again when Ben suddenly looked him dead in the eye , then turned around and closed the door. Fuck. Ben had left just like that. The ginger collapsed onto his bed, allowing the tears to spill out but this time none came. He was too hurt to cry. His heart hurt, yes, but not as much compared to how hammered his mind was becoming. An innocent mistake. Just like that one of the best days of his life had come crashing, waves of regret  and self-hate washing over again and again and again. Why didn't he lock the door? Why did he even bring the standee here anyway? Now the love of his life thought he was sick, disgusting. He wouldn't be surprised if Ben asked to change cabins. What about Rami? Would this affect Rami and Gwilym? It wasn't even the first day and Joe had already ruined the whole camp.

He tossed cardboard Ben onto he floor in a rage. He huddled in the corner of the bed, laying on his side facing the wall, knees hugged tightly to his chest as he screamed internally. He tried to sleep but the thud of his heart hammering against his ribcage put an end to that attempt. If time could just reverse. If he had just locked his door. If he had just--

Joe suddenly felt the blanket lift off his body, followed by a warm presence, the bed creaking slightly under an added pressure. An arm snaked around his trembling waist, and he was pulled until he felt his back pressed against the warmth. 

"Took a shower... didn't want to sleep with you dirty," lips brushed against Joe's ears, followed by a deep laugh, "Why didn't you settle for the real thing?"

Joe's breath hitched, not daring to turn around. 

"Y'know I'd accompany you any night, especially if it helps my baby boy sleep." Ben's breath tickled Joe's neck, the tingles returned yet again.

Joe forgot how to breathe.

"You don't think ... I'm creepy?" Joe managed timidly. Ben's reply was almost immediate, "Nope, its cute." Joe felt the vibrations in Ben's voice directly against his back. "You're not mad?"

This time Ben gently turned Joe so they two boys faced each other. His fingers caressed the brunettes face more gently than any football player ever could. "Joey I could never be mad at you. If anything, I'm jealous that that the cardboard me gets to sleep with you every night." A smile started to spread as Joe used his hands to cover his blushing face "It was only one night.." He muttered through his hands. Ben smiled at his adorably embarrassed boyfriend. "The let's break his record shall we?"

xxxxx

VERY SHORT FILLER FLUFF AGAIN I'M SORRY

Exams this week and BoRhap + Queen content is making it VERY hard for me to concentrate :')

Also we just crossed 400 views which is 399 more than I could ever ask for so thank you Hardzzello hoes so much :')

Happy reading!