C H A P T E R •3•

I wake up to the sound of my mother making breakfast. I get out of bed, ruffling my hair a little before going to the kitchen. I see mom has made white rice and udon soup. I greet her with a good morning as we both sit down to eat.

"Itadakimasu."

We quickly eat before getting ready. We say our thanks and I leave to get ready. I put on a white button-up shirt and throw on a blueish sweater over top, my usual black jeans and I brush my hair till the tangles are gone. I didn't feel like putting contact lenses in today so I settled for my reddish glasses.

Credit to original artist

I look in the mirror ruffling my hair again to give it my signature messy look before grabbing my backpack and walking out my bedroom door, shouting a goodbye to my mother, and walking to school. I was rather early leaving this morning so I didn't bother running, instead I have a more relaxed pace and I take the time to look at everything around me.

Before I know it I've made it to school. I walk up to the door and I see Kacchan and Kirishima together, holding hands, as they also walk towards the door.

"Hey Midoriya!" Kirishima calls as Bakugo looks with a calm, yet agitated look on his face. He makes a "tch" sound as I wave back, smiling.

"Oh hi, Kirishima! How are you guys today?" I greet, the smile not leaving my face.

"I'm great," he says, followed by Bakugo grumbling something about not wanting to be here.

"That's really great, well I better get to class, see ya!" I say before going into first period.  Uraraka is in her seat waiting for me as I walk into the classroom.

     "Are you ready for today Deku?" She asks, her face showing her excitement.

     I look at her confusedly, "What do you mean, what's today?"  She looks at me in disbelief before reminding me that today is the last day of school before spring break, meaning Todoroki is coming over. My face instantly pales as I realize what she meant. I gulp and slam my face into the desk.

"I'm not gonna make it through these two week, Uraraka," I try to say, still face down in the desk. She only chuckles and says that the teacher is walking in. I groan and sit up, getting ready for the lesson.

•••time skip brought to you by class 1-A's intense training•••

     I wave bye to Uraraka and force myself into the photography room.  I take my seat, avoiding the flailing of Sero's, a friend in the class, arms as he explained his dream of everyone having something called a "quirk", and pulling out my phone before Mr. Aizawa gets here.

     When he comes in, he explains that today is just a free day because he has to catch up on grading some papers from another class. I continue editing photos until they're all finished and pull up insistagram (like Instagram but copyright) looking through several photography accounts I follow until class ends.

     The bell rings and I stand up, putting my things away when I hear a voice.

     "Midoriya." I turn and look back to see Todoroki following me. Oh right he's coming home with me, how did I forget again? "I need to stop by my place to grab some stuff for the break, do you mind if we stop there on the way to your house?"

     "Of course it's not a problem, we're not in any hurry anyways," I grin at him and tell him to lead the way. He nods once before we walk out the door and walk to his house. We walk in silence until we get to his home, when he says he'll be right back and that he just has to get his bag of necessities from his room. He comes back about five minutes later, saying he's ready to go.

     Walking in a slightly tense silence, we come upon the creek by my house. I look to Todoroki and tell him we're almost there. Soon enough we reach my apartment. I scratch the nape of my neck.

     "I'm sorry if it doesn't seem like much, and it may be a bit messy, I haven't had time to clean yet." I mumble to him. I look at my watch. "Mom should still be here, she leaves soon for work so it'll be just us if that's okay." He nods his head as if saying that it's fine.

"Stop worrying Midoriya, everything is okay, your home looks fine and it doesn't bother me that your mother won't be here for a while," he reassured me. I opened the door and gestured for him to come in before I followed him, locking the front door behind me.

"Mom, We're home!" I call out, "Todoroki is here for the project!" I hear rustling coming from our laundry closet (okay idk if y'all know what I'm talking about but like we had a closet type area in my old apartment that was big enough to fit a washer and dryer and had a rack above everything to hang or hold folded clothes you've washed) before she emerged, holding a stack of folded t-shirts and underwear. I could tell by the animated lions and robots that they were mine.

"Hi izu, how was school?" She asked before turning to Todoroki. "You must be Shoto Todoroki, the boy partnered with my little Izuku for this project, right?" She asked with a warming smile. He nods his head.

"Yes ma'am I am. Thank you for allowing me to stay here for the duration of this project." He spoke slightly above his monotone to show his gratitude.

"Of course dear, you're always welcome. I'm sorry I can't stay any longer but I must head off to work now, I'll see you all tomorrow, goodbye now, bye Izu I love you!"

"Bye,"

"Bye mom, I love you too!"

     I lead Todoroki to my room, filled with posters of different artists and bands and the floor littered with dirty laundry that I hadn't gotten to do yet. My face flushes as I hurriedly put all the clothes it to the laundry basket.

     "Sorry, it's been a while since I've had to clean," I mutter. "You can put your stuff wherever you'd like,"  I gesture around the general area that is my room. He nods before setting his backpack next to my desk.

     I go to the kitchen and grab some snacks and drinks before going back to my room.

     "Hey Todoroki, you wanna go on an adventure?"