C H A P T E R •7•

Izuku's POV

     I walk into the kitchen after my shower to hear Todoroki and my mom talking. I hear her say something about how I jumped into a pond to save a fish and I feel my ears heat up.

     "Hey there hero," Shoto smirks, letting out a light chuckle. I look down to the floor, covering my face with my hands.  I groan which leads into a short laugh of embarrassment.

     "Mom... you told him that story?"

     "I'm sorry Zuku, it was too cute not to share, don't you think so Shoto?"

     "It definitely was Mrs. Midoriya," you could hear the smirk in his voice. I huff, walking to the laundry room to place my dirty clothes in the hamper before returning to the kitchen.

Mom grabs her purse from the counter and then her keys from her pocket. She walks over to me and reaches up to kiss my forehead.

"Izu I'm off to the supermarket and then to visit Mitsuki, I'll be back in a while, you don't mind do you?" I shake my head no.

"No, it's okay. We planned on going out for a while today," she nods her head okay before waving us goodbye. She gives me one more hug and whispers in my ear.

"He's a cutie, keep him eh Izu?" My cheeks darken into a dark crimson and she giggles, rushing out of the house. I manage to ease down the blush before Shoto noticed. We hear the door close and lock before moving.

"What are you wanting to do today?"

"Well actually um, I kinda just wanted to go to the mall today. I figured we don't really know much about each other and I figured we could get to know each other better..."

He nods, "Sounds like fun." I let out a breath of relief. We both head back to my room so we can prepare for the day. I grab a yellow drawstring bag, much like my backpack, and begin to put anything we may need, including my wallet, inside of it while Shoto gets dressed. Several minutes pass before he emerges from the bathroom and I grab my house keys from inside my nightstand drawer.

"You ready?"

"Yeah."

We leave the apartment, making sure to lock the door behind us, and begin walking to the mall. It's not too far from the apartment so we make it in only about 30 minutes. We go through several of the stores, most of which were comic stores and of course I nerded out when I saw the old "All Might" comics that I hadn't been able to get, before we decided it was time to stop for food.

We make our way to the food court, bags weighing down our arms. I offer to get both of our lunches so Shoto could grab us a table. He nods in reply before we set our bags on the table.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Cold soba, if they have it. If not, get two of whatever you're getting, please."

"Of course!" I smile at him before going up to the front counter and ordering our food." I grab our food and head back to the table. I pass Todoroki his tray before sitting myself down. I push up my glasses, accidentally smudging the lenses. I grumble to myself before taking them off to clean away the fingerprints.

"Izuku, Can I see your glasses?" I look up at him, handing them over to him wondering what he wanted to do with them. Shoto looks at them for a minute before proceeding to put them on his face.

"How do I look?" He says with a cheesy grin. I giggle and pull out my phone.

"You look great!" I squeak, before proceeding to act like one of those photographers you see in the movies, the ones who are very dramatic about everything they do. He laughs as I snap several photos of him.