Introduction

"But sir-" a secretary followed her boss now ex boss around trying to speak with him as he walked around the building. Her name is Leah and her boss was Murry Gage Wilson, manager of The beach boys. "Sir did I do something wrong?" She asked confused and slightly upset. He sighed and turned to her green eyes. "No. You haven't. You've helped me a lot you've helped the boys a ton too. They treat you like their sister. The reason I'm handing you to Epstein is because he needs help with this band he's working with named the Beatles. Now he's looking for a secretary and he said that he needs a hardworking person who keeps their head down and focuses on the task at hand. That's where you come in. You've done a great deal of work getting these guys noticed despite  working here for a year." She clutched her books and looked down. "Think of it as this. At least you get to go back to England back to your home country. Ain't that great?" She nodded. "I guess so sir. Will I still be able to write letters to the guys?" He nodded with a smile. "Of course you can. Like they'd want to stop talking with you." He chuckled causing Leah to do the same. "You're a smart girl and I know you'll do great for helping Brian." A young lady named Kirsty walked towards the two. "Sir I have Brian Epstein in the phone." They both walked towards his office and Murry took the phone. "Brian, I have the young lady on the phone. I will pass her to you." He gave the phone to Leah.

"Hello Mr Epstein" she spoke clearly into the phone "hello my name is Brian as you would've been told. I'm sure you've been told about the band I'm the manager of..." He waited for a response and she quickly responded "the Beatles." You heard the shuffling of papers. "Yes and I'm in a tuff situation. I'm offering you a position to work with me and the boys helping keep control of the band. You'll be able to speak with them and help me tackle the meetings and paperwork. I heard from Murry that you are from England?"

"Yes sir, Aldridge"

"Alright. Do you have any questions?"

"Will I have an accommodation until I can get a home?"

"We have a house for you waiting."

"Alright. When do you want me to start?"

"Next week please. I want you to get used to England again since you've lived there for 2 years. I can pick you up from London airport."

"Yes sir. See you next week."

The call ended and she put the phone down to look at Murry. "I'll start packing sir." He smiled to her. "Leah." Before she exited the room she turned. "I know the break up from your fiancée has been tuff on you. But this may help you separate yourself from him. I know it was a few months ago and it's taken a toll you. The guys will be over later."she nodded and left the building to go home.

She got home to her small apartment and sighed. She looked in the mirror. Her pale face and pink lips couldn't hide the fact she was so tired. She undid her tight bun letting her long dirty blonde hair fall gracefully over her shoulders. She walked into the kitchen where the note loomed on the small dining table. She read it everyday wondering what she did wrong, what made him go... She walked to the letter and read it again. The rings had never moved from the counter top the day they were placed.

Leah,

I'm sorry but you're not the one for me
You see I've found another her names Maria and she's just wonderful
She has time for me unlike you. I know you have a busy job and all but when will you give me the love I want? Maria may not have a well paying job like you but she gives me the time of day. Your failed attempts of getting me to stay with you have all failed and to be completely honest I never really liked you. I stayed because I felt sorry for you. I have been cheating on you all this time I've known you and been with you. I've been with Maria. She's  the one for me. Not you, the ring is on the counter top. I don't care what you do with it. You brought it anyway.

Marcus Gladstone

She looked at the rings with a determined nod. She walked to the calendar and circled the day she's leaving. And wrote 'NEW LIFE' on there and changed into her casual clothes and took the rings to a pawnbrokers and sold them, getting a good price for them. She cleared all her old make up and threw it away "new life" she said putting a lot of clothes away into bags and throwing them out "new me" she packed some clothes like her work clothes and got her passport and other essential if oration together and zipped her suitcase up.

The group known as the beach boys walked in looking at the apartment confused. "Hey guys." She said walking to them smiling. "Why's it so empty?" Asked Brian. "Well as you know I'm moving back to England and this might help me move on from Marcus." She said smiling as they took a seat on the sofa. "Didn't take long for you to dismantle the place did it?" Added Carl. She shook her head sitting in her armchair. "Nope." She noticed Dennis holding something. "What you got there?" She asked them "it's from all of us" she opened the present to see its a photo of all the guys

 "What you got there?" She asked them "it's from all of us" she opened the present to see its a photo of all the guys

"This is definitely going with me." They smiled at each other cheering. "We didn't know what to get you" chuckled Mike. "Well before I go how will you guys be waving me off?" They nodded "obviously" Dennis said casing her to laugh. "How could I be so silly of course you will." She said hugging them all. "I'm gonna miss you all" she said.

They spent the day strolling around town and laughing and bringing happy memories back telling her how they felt about her when they met her. "Hopefully these guys won't give you trouble. If they do. Tell us. Well come pay them a visit. Brian said. She nodded. "You'll be the first one I tell because I know you'll tell the others faster than speed." She laughed. He faked gasped "you think I'll be that slow?" Leah couldn't help but stop in her tracks to laugh and catch her breath. "Maybe you'll find some love." Bruce said. She raised a brow. "Think about it." Al said "moving on from shoddy Marcus to a lovely young guy with wit or maybe he'll be shy or he could be funny or wild." He continued "one guy could capture you're heart and if that happens you have to tell us" he finished. she nodded. "Maybe..."

They all went out to dinner with Murry along with them. All toasting to Leah and her accomplishments and how great of a person she is and what her future will hold. It was sweet and they paid for her food and drink too with was sweet of them.

When she got home she couldn't sleep. Excited but scared what was the band gonna be like? Would they be harsh to her? Upset her? This made her scared with the boys she felt happy and so at home with them. She sighed and thought of the positives the pay, maybe could meet and old friend from school, possibly find love again. She tossed and turned in bed. The week will be over soon and she'll have to say goodbye. She feared that the most. But thought of the memories with the guys and all the fun times and fell to sleep thinking of just that.