Chapter 10

Leah woke up and stretched, cracking her back and rising from the sofa. It wasn't very comfortable. Then the phone rung. She walked to the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Leah. It's ringo."

Her eyes widened and felt fully awake. She had completely forgot about the question ringo asked. It completely flew past her mind at the time.

"Hello ringo. What's up?"

"I wanted to know what you thought about my question. I hope you didn't forget." He said sounding a little sad at the end.

"No I couldn't forget ringo." A small sigh of relief sounded through the other side of the phone. "I'm glad. So how about we have a date at local the coffee shop for breakfast? Say 10?" He said. She nodded but then completely forgot he couldn't see. "I'd love that ringo." She looked at the clock it was 8:56. She had enough time to try and look presentable. "Great I'll meet you at the shop at 10." He said in a giddy tone. He put the phone down. Then something set in.

She had no idea where the local coffee shop was.

She put the phone down and ran to Janis who was in a deep sleep. "Janis!" Leah said shaking Janis trying to wake her but to no avail. She huffed and looked around her room. It was littered with bottles and tie-dye looking patterns. There was a photo on her draw of her chatting with someone she had yet to meet.

"That's me and jimmy

"That's me and jimmy. You haven't met him yet have you?" Leah jumped back startled as Janis stood behind her. "What did you wake me for?" She said a small frown on her face. "What's the local coffee shop?" Janis just raised a brow. "Why do you ask?" She asked confused. "Well.. ringo asked me on a date and I said yes." Leah looking away a little embarrassed. Janis' eyebrows raised and a gin spread as the frown quickly left. "No way!" She said giving Leah a hug. "Well ringo is sweet and kind. I could get to know him too." Janis gasped and let go. "You gotta get ready. What time you gotta be there for?"  She asked "Umm 10." They both looked at the clock 9:10 both women's eyes widened."Go shower, go change." Janis told her Leah nodded and ran to the shower.

She took a quick shower and dried her hair and put some neutral colour eyeshadow and a pink lip gloss. She got changed into a blue dress and blue small heels to match the dress. Her hair rested upon her shoulders. She walked out and Janis smiled. "Looking good. Now get going. You're gonna be late otherwise. Go! Go! Go!" Leah grabbed her bag. "Wait! Where's the local coffee shop?!" She said as they both were yelling from panicking so much. "Cafe Rouge. Its 15 minutes away. Turn left and keep going straight down the road!" Leah have a thumbs up and ran out and ran left and down the road. She checked her watch 9:47. She could only hope to get there on time.

As she was running she felt like she was never gonna get there. It felt like she was running in circles. Her feet felt numb from not stopping. She was breathing heavily and quickly. Her head thudding from the blood rush and her face red. Many girls giggled at her as she ran past.  It she couldn't care less. She was going to go on a date with the nicest man ever. Someone put their foot out and she tripped falling face first onto concrete. She held her hands out to prevent little pain but it didn't work as she scratched up her hands and scratched her knees and had hit her legs on the floor feeling like she would have a few bruises the next morning. Many women and men laughed around her. She didn't want to get up. It reminded her too much of school.