Chapter 2

Kye's POV:

"Thank you. That's all from me for today. You are all dismissed except for Xander Helbram. Please stay behind for a short while." Upon my words, a large chatter of gossips started to fill the air as the other staffs from the same department started to question one another.

"Hey he's the one who just came back today, right?"

"Oh yeah. He took 2 weeks off right?"

"He took a week off just less than a month ago for personal reasons I heard."

"Is he going to get a warning?"

"Who knows?"

"G-Guys... lets leave quickly. Boss is staring." As if finally realizing that I was staring at them, squeaks left their lips in fear before they bowed and scurried away within seconds. Finally... I was wondering how long must I wait.

So... Xander Helbram. Just as they had gossiped, took 2 times urgent leaves in a period of less than 2 months, both due to personal reasons... but according to his previous records, his work performance is excellent and Father had no complains with him.

But looking at his overall image... I couldn't help but wonder if he was bankrupt or struggling financially. His clothes are not ironed, his poster hunched over, has a depressed aura surrounding him, long unkempt fringe that hides his face like jungle vines... overall, he is a walking mess. But that shouldn't be the case since his pay is over 6k per month.

"Boss?" His deep yet like alluring voice snapped me out of my daze as I turned over to look at his eyes. Well, fringe in this case.

"Ah yes. Sorry about that. So... are you okay?"

"Huh? I mean yes, Boss. Yes." He replied in a  slightly startled tone before regaining his composure.

"Alright." Eh... this is awkward. Why didn't father prep me on such things?

"You're not... going to ask?" Huh? Ask what?

"About?"

"What made me took those days off?" He said in a curious tone. Whether he is really curious or not, I'm not sure as his eyes are blocked from plain sight.

"Well it's your own private matter so even as your superior, I have no rights to pry it out from you unless you are willing to tell me the troubles you are facing, Xander. But I do hope that you will not let your private matters interfere with your work performance or I will have to take a certain measurement against it which I do not wish to do towards a valuable staff like you."

"Ah yes. Sorry about that Boss and I promise to you that I will not let anything affect my performance." He bowed slightly, causing his fringe to slightly shift to a side to reveal some of his defined features that makes guys jealous. Hell, even I am jealous.

"Good. You are dismissed then, Xander. Have a nice day."

"You too, Boss."

Xander's POV:

"Hey hey, Xander." A persistent feline pounced out of nowhere as she stared at me with bright sparkling eyes of hers. Sigh... not her again. Give me a break. I just sat down for goodness sake.

"What?"

"So did Boss fire you or something?" She questioned excitedly as she trembled on the spot in anticipation.

No? "Yeah."

"Yes!" She cheered ecstatically, jumping into the air and earning herself weird looks from the other staffs around us. What's her name again? Oh ya, Celine.