Chapter 4

Castian's POV:

"No. I'm not wearing them." Kye said firmly as he laid-back against the sofa while eyeing disgustedly at his working shoes.

"But Young Master, you can't possibly go to the company barefooted right?" I swear this is almost like a daily routine...

"Then lend me your shoes." Mine? Seriously? I'm a UK size 10 while he's a UK size 8.

"Huh? But I'm 2 sizes bigger than you..." Despite my words, he still shot me the are-you-giving-them-to-me-or-not look, making me want to scream at the guilty being.

"It's better than wearing mine which a lizard had lived in." Yes. You guessed it. He found a lizard in one of his shoes just not long ago and he's making a big fuss out of it by not wanting to wear them in case his feet gets infected or something and needs to get amputated off.

Sometimes... I just don't get how all these weird ass ideas even pops into his mind. Who the hell even told him that his feet will get infected just because a lizard crawled into his shoe? I'm so gonna sue the person. Oh wait... I told him that when he was younger. But that's because he kept a lizard in his shoe once as a pet to hide it from his parents. You can't blame me.

Now where can I find the damn lizard to give it a long lashing for causing me problems early in the morning? Now how am I going to pick girls up if he takes my shoe. Oh wells, seems like I'll have time to personally prepare his lunch then. Sighing in defeat, I handed my pair of shoes to him unwillingly as he slipped it on with ease. "Do you need to stuff tissues in first? It looks very loose on you." I suggested as I watched my shoes dangle on his feet.

"Nope. Let's go." He commented, finally willing to get out of the house, well... shuffle out of the house to be exact. He looks like an idiot.

"Come on... up you go!" Picking him up bridal style from behind, he shrieked loudly in surprise as his hands flew all over the place trying to get a grip on something which I didn't know... was my ass. Well my ass is quite firm too I must admit. Love my ass. Great choice, Young Master.

"Let me down, Castian!" He scolded with a bright red face with an embarrassed look plastered on his face.

"Nah. You're walking slower than the old lady across the street. You'll be late if you keep this up. No one is going to see anyways so stop struggling. We're almost there anyways." Before he can even argue back, I pointed him towards the fast-moving granny only to chuckle lightly when we saw that she was actually riding an e-scooter for the elderly. Oops. But hey. We're at the car already.

Kye's POV:

"Okay. This project is approved. Tell the one in charge to inform the client that this project can be put into action." Handing the staff back the folder he had previously given to me, he bowed slightly in acknowledgement before exiting my office.

"Yo Young Master, lunch." Oh, already? That's fast. As our usual routine, he placed the bags down on the coffee table and took out the containers and cutlery. We started to eat together after the one time he tried to eat alone outside and found it bored. Since then, he always eat in my office with me.

"Thanks." Ramen and cheesecake. Just nice balances the flavours out. "I'm gonna grab some coffee, do you want anything?" I offered. Well, that was the least I could do for him.

 Well, that was the least I could do for him

"Latte please

"Latte please. Thanks." He beamed widely. Too bright! Tone down a little...

"Got it." Walking to the pantry where the coffee machines are, I placed the cups under the 2 machines before stepping away, far away from the machines. The last time I stood close to it, the machine ended up spluttering coffee over my white blouse. No thanks. Just as I was about to retrieve the cups, my eyes landed on a empty cup of cup noodles in the bin, making me sigh internally. That guy... how dare he defy my words? The words from his boss.

Taking the cups from the machines, I walked back slowly and cautiously towards my office while keeping my eyes on the ground, avoiding the death traps laid out around the office grounds. Geez. Someone needs to tidy up all these wires one day or someone will end up trippi- before I even realized that my foot was caught in the wires, I felt myself being pulled down mercilessly by gravity. Well...shit.

Bracing myself for the impact, I felt myself floating in midair as my arms got hooked by something strong. That was close. Seems like I haven't toppled any coffee yet since the floor is still clean. Regaining my footing and bringing my arms down from its 'v' shape, I scanned my clothes quickly to check for any stains before walking back into my office. Wait. Why were my arms in a 'v' shape? Snapping my head back to where I almost tripped, my eyes landed on nothing but emptiness. Strange... don't tell me it's some kind of invisible force...but I swear it felt warm... like hands or something. Oh wells. At least nothing happened in the end.

Stepping into the office, I placed the cups down carefully on the table before sitting down on the sofa opposite of Castian who seemed conflicted as to whether to shake his head or laugh as he was doing something along the line which seemed like those two actions combined together. Weird. "You okay?"

"More than okay." He let out a loud laugh as he wiped his tears away. I wonder what's so funny. Oh wait. He saw that didn't he.

"Don't laugh. I didn't trip because of your shoes. It's because of the wir- wait. I didn't even trip at the first place. I was just testing to locate my center of gravity."

"What?" He stared at me with a weird and confused look on his face. Was there anything strange about my words? Ah whatever.

"Nothing... Just eat." Nodding obediently, he went back to slurping on his noodles while watching me with weird eyes. Well couldn't this day just get better. First I got bridal carried by him then I got laughed by him. How great... I'm such an embarrassment...