Chapter 12

Kye's POV:

"Watch where you're running brats!" Castian growled under his breath, obviously pissed at the group of teenagers who carelessly dashed across the road without looking out for traffic. Thankfully he had stepped on the break on time else a new article will be on the newspaper already or maybe on social media first. "Tch. Don't they know the proper road safety rules?"

"Calm down Castian, at least no one was hurt. They were up to no good after all so I doubt they even bothered about road safety." I mean you don't go dashing across the street with monkey face masks stuck to the side of your head, even worse, those monkeys were horribly disfigured. I swear my eyes died for a moment.

Despite my words, strings of grumbles still left Castian's lips. Oh wells. I'll let him let off some steam until we reach the company. Bending down slightly, I retrieved my folders which had flew down the seat and onto the car's floor before continuing studying the progresses of the various teams.

Let's see, the shopping mall under Desmond is almost complete with just a few more finishing touches which should be completed by the end of the month, status of past site visits are on task without problem. Great. The idea on the large scale amusement park under Tasha is soon to be finalized, hopefully she had arranged for her team to meet with the client. I'll remember to ask her later.

For the resort under Xander...half-way in progress and the final site inspection will be next month. I'll have to arrange tickets for them to travel down to... Hawaii. For the museum under Celine- "Young Master, your phone is vibrating." Castian informed, looking away from the road briefly before turning his eyes back onto the road.

"Ah yes. Thanks." Placing the folders down onto the leather seat beside me, I dug into my briefcase to find Xander's name on the screen. I wonder what's wrong... "Hello?"

"Oh morning Boss. I'll have to take an emergency leave today, sorry about that." He shot quickly, making me wonder what had happened.

"What's the matter?"

"The nanny fell sick yesterday and took today off. But Matthew caught the bug from her so he's running a fever so I won't be back until tomorrow." He said hurriedly in a frantic tone. Ah... I see...

"Oh... take care then."

"Thanks. Have a good day boss, bye." Wasting no time at all, he ended the call almost instantly.

"What's the matter, Young Master?" Castian asked curiously once the call ended.

"Xander's son caught a cold so he won't be able to come to work." I sighed slightly. Wait. Why did I even sigh for? Must be from the lack of sleep last night.

"You don't look so happy about that huh." He casually commented as I stared at my reflection in the window. Unhappy? I look more like a bulldog.

"I'm just tired, didn't get much sleep last night." I waved him off with my casual reply but he doesn't seem to buy it when he gave me the bored look.

"You sure that's all, Young Master?"

"Maybe a little worried..." I answered honestly. As if satisfied with my answer, he nodded quietly before focusing on the road. I wonder if it's weird that i'm worried about Xander...no right? After all, we're friends...right? Wait... is it only me that thinks of him as a close friend? What if the whole time he only thinks of me as his boss? Urghhh this is so complicated.

"Young Master, we've reached. I'll come by later as usual." He announced upon reaching the office's main doors. Sigh... I wish I was Santa Claus, that way I'll only have to work once a year...

As all office workers feel upon stepping through the office doors... welcome to hell. Let the long boring day begin.

~ Time Skip ~