Chapter 18

Third Person’s POV:

“Ouch…” Kye groaned out in pain. One moment he felt a hard shove met his back and the next thing he knew, he was sent flying to the ground, his hands and knees taking the sharp impact.

It all happened so suddenly. All he remembered was rushed footsteps, him getting shoved and then followed by a loud ‘thump’. He turned his head behind in slight pain which was instantly forgotten upon landing his eyes on the sight just 5 feet behind him. Blood drained from his face as his eyes started to water when he spotted his boyfriend upper frame stuck under a large panel of glass, his eyes unfocused as he laid still on the ground, almost looking out of it. Kye’s voice lodged in his throat but nonetheless, a loud piercing scream rang through the air as Kye scurried to his feet, rushing to his boyfriend’s side within seconds.

Kye didn’t know what to do. His whole body was shaking in fear, his mind totally blank as his weak trembling hands did nothing to help shift the 200kg glass panel off his trapped lover. “X-Xander? C-Can you hear me?” He asked panickingly, fear laced in his tone as he waved his hands in front of Xander’s slowly drooping eyes. His breathing quickens with worry when he received no response from Xander, cold sweat trickling down his neck as Xander’s eyes slowly closed shut. “X-Xander? Hey wake up, Xander. Wake up. Hey, don’t scare me, Xander. Wake up! Wake up!” Kye shook his motionless boyfriend’s shoulder but to no avail. With shaky hands, he quickly whipped out his phone as he pressed in the numbers for the emergency team.

Not even 5 minutes later, the emergency response team promptly arrived along with the sirens from an ambulance in the background. Seeing the situation before their eyes, they immediately started the rescue. 2 of them holding Xander’s unconcious body down securely while the other 6 shifted the glass carefully off Xander’s frame. As soon as the panel was moved, the paramedics rushed to the scene, shifting his unconscious self onto the stretcher and into the ambulance in record time, Kye following them in the back of the ambulance without hesitation, his heart hammering hard against his chest throughout the whole ride to the hospital.

As soon as the operational room doors opened, Kye wasted no time in jumping to his feet as he made his way to the doctor. “How is he?” For the whole time Xander was in the operation theater, Kye couldn’t help but pace back and forth as his heart raced in his chest, unable to calm down even for a second. He believed that it was his fault that Xander got hurt. Xander got hurt because of him. He was the one that landed Xander in the hospital.

“Rest assured sir. Thankfully for him, there’s no external injuries but he has a slight concussion from the impact to his head. He should be waking up in one or two days time.” The doctor announced. A loud sigh of relief escaped passed his lips as Kye felt like a large weight has been lifted off his shoulders. Tears that he had held back initially rolled down his face, not in sadness but in relief.

Multiple footsteps sounded as the rest of the team arrived after receiving the news. The group had split up into two for the site and company visit. “Mr Morrison! How’s Xander?” They asked concernedly with tensed frames which seemingly relaxed when they heard that he’s alright. Knowing that the next day was their flight back, Kye sent them back early as he stayed back in the hospital by Xander’s side.

The steady beeps of the heart monitor helped to calm him down as he held onto Xander’s hand, interlocking his fingers with Xander’s larger ones and he savoured the comforting warmth radiating beneath his skin. Taking out Xander’s phone from his pile of folded clothes, he unlocked it only to let out a small chuckle at his lockscreen. It was a picture of Xander placing a kiss on his cheek while Kye was dead asleep on his desk. The cheeky look in his eyes made Kye smile warmly at it as he traced his finger lovingly over the image. Entering Matthew’s birthday, Xander’s phone unlocked to show a picture of Matthew sleeping soundly on Xander’s bare chest as Xander smiled lovingly at his son. A warm bubbling feeling filled his chest as he traced his fingers over the precious image endearingly. He missed his son he thought, only to blush lightly at his own thoughts when he realised how he had phrased it.

After calling Matthew’s nanny to inform her about the situation, Kye placed a light kiss on Xander’s forehead before leaving the hospital and making his way back to the site where he was greeted by the people working on it there. Silently, he climbed up the flight of stairs to the shared floor surrounded by large glass panels where the fallen panel lay. After some investigation, he realised that the glass panel which was actually one side of the door, had not been screwed on securely to the hinges hence when the wind blew, the screws had loosened, causing the door to topple inwards. If it was on a lower level, this problem may not been realised until it was too late and it may result in the tourists getting injured instead. But since it was on a high level, the strong winds had made light to the fault which prevented the incident from happening in near future. But nonetheless, Kye had wished that it had happened when no one was around when the panel had fallen.

Finishing up the necessary paperworks, reports and filing a complaint to the contractor’s company in charge of the project, the day ended with a series of apologies and Kye staying overnight in the hospital by Xander’s side as he read through and dealt with all the important emails and proposals from back in the company.

Okay this chapter is boring as hell. Sorryyy🙇‍♀️ school work is killing my brain cells