Trouble

«I knew you were trouble when you walked in... so shame on me now»

Dick was getting her on her nerves, no matter how many times he kept on promising her that he would never leave her alone, it seemed to be more evident that the only thing he wanted was to get rid of her...
Or at least those were Rachel's feelings whenever he walked out of a room and she believed he would just leave as quick as he could.
Who could ever want to take care of a girl with a demon on the mirror always staring back at her.

Kory got her and Garfield on the car and drove them all the way to Chicago, where Dick was now.
At least he called, and wanted them with him.
They pulled over, next to a huge crystal walled building, which reflected the grey clouds that announced the incoming storm.
Kor rang the bell, there was a camera on the corner and the three of them looked up to it.

«Silly» she thought while looking up «He would open up anyways, not like the girl with the purple hair, the Boy with the green one and Kory could be difficult to recognise without having a full frame of their faces.
A few seconds after the door opened up and they entered an elevator which took them to a penthouse.
The three of them made their way out of it and into the huge living room.
Dick was resting against a wall and in the left side, just in the corner of a grey sofa, a handsome young boy, with a green and yellow outfit, caught Rachel's attention.
She put a little smirk on her lips.

-Who are your friends?-The boy said and Dick quickly cut him off.

-Not important.

-Who is he?-Kory asked and got the same response from Dick.

-Anybody want a brew?-The boy insisted and Gar quickly moved towards him.

-Yeah, I do.-Gar claimed.

-No, he doesn't-Dick said, upset.-nobody wants a brew...

-That can't be Adamson-Kory pointed out.

-He's not Adamson, he's in the bathroom, unconscious...

Rachel rolled her eyes, and finally crossed the living room towards the mysterious boy.

-Hi, I'm Rachel-She said in a sweet tone and extended her hand to him with a smile on her lips.

-Jason...

That name, Rachel always thought that his name suited him well, she couldn't tell why, but she loved his name...She used to love saying his name.
Names have power, give meaning and she always liked saying his name, loud and clear whenever she wanted to caught his attention.
But she could call his name in a soft voice whenever she felt scared or hurt.
Anyway, the thing she loved the most out of Jason's name was his response to her calling him.
«Rae» he would call her, or «little bird» whenever he was trying to tease her...
But no matter how he called her, she felt warm inside, whenever his blue eyes set on her and his calm voice, was directed to her, and to her alone.
He was a whole different person next to her and she loved him.

-When is he coming back?-Rachel asked, pretty worried by now.
She didn't had a full connection with her friend, if that was the word, for whatever Jay and her were, but something inside of her told her:
«Be afraid of the truth»

Dick didn't look her in the eyes, like looking for a good excuse that never came to his mind.

-Rach... I... -He rested both of his hands on her shoulders and Rachel heart beat faster while his eyes told her what she was most afraid of- I'm sorry...