Enemy

"Why does fate makes us suffer? There's a curse between us...between me and you..."

-What an interesting name- Gar said with  a smile and Kory and Rachel turned around to look at him. - But I have news for you...you're not wearing a Hood...that's a helmet, dude.

Dick chuckled, and the man in front of them shot in his direction, or he wasn't that good, or he didn't aim to Nightwing, the bullet passed right next to his left shoulder, between Starfire and him.

-I have no time to deal with kids on catsuits...-Red said and he took out of his jacket a weapon, one very similar to Dick's one, he shot it to the roof next to where all of them wete and with the hook on the Cliff, he jumped into the free fall.

The leader ran behind him, using the same tool, and started to run after him, throwing one of his sticks to the man legs, which he quickly dodged.

Kory raised her hand and flew towards them, shooting her starbolts, to the path Red Hood was trying to take, in order to make him stop.

Beast boy turned into an eagle and flew as well, quickly, as he tried to catch him with his claws, Red Hood didn't even turn his face to him, he shot him and the titan fell towards the dark alley, thirty floors under.

-Star, to him now!- Dick said, when he finally got face to face with Red Hood. His movements, so similar to Nightwing, it was stunning how he could anticipate each thing Dick would do... Rachel couldn't move from her spot, trying to understand what she was watching.

He finally took a gun out of his jacket and targeted NIghtwing, who pulled it off of his hand with a quick kick.

The man then held the Titans leader's leg and threw him off the rooftop.

-NO!- Rachel shouted and then reacted. She flew towards him and saw Starfire, catching Nightwing before he could hit the floor.

-Go on and tell your Friends to stay away from my sight... - The mysterious man walked a few steps towards her as she charged her hands with black energy, and turned her eyes black.

-You're lucky they aren't dead... Or I would have sent hell to you.-The half demon created strings out of her magic, that that surrounded him. - You're not going anywhere now...

Raven heard him chuckled.

-I'm not the bad guy, Rae... -He said and something inside of her broke all over again.

-What did you just call me?

Before she could even notice the strings had disappeared and he was free. Red Hood waved his hand, mockingly, and then threw a smoke bomb to disappear behind it.

-Raven! Are you okay?-Dick asked once the team got back to the roof, Beast boy's arm was bleeding.

She shook her head and took off, flying back to the tower on her own.

-Raven!-Jason said as he ran towards her, when one of the demons hit her with those fire swords.

-I'm okay...I'm fine, Robin...-She answered, quickly getting on her feet. Rejecting his hand.

-Are we doing this now?-He said, upset at plain sight, but feeling guilty deep down.

A demon came towards them, Rachel opened up a portal and he appeared next to Jason, where he hit it with his fight Stick.

-No...we are saving the city... -The girl said and then moved away from the spot where both of them were fighting a second ago.

He ran behind Rachel, kicking a huge bug-like demon that was about to attack her.

-Can we talk?!- Robin shouted while he stood right behind her, back to back, when they were surrounded by the demons.

-Are you serious?! We are in the city center, fighting a demon invasion and you want to talk about the fact that...-She stopped talking when she started to shoot energy blasts at the enemies.

He sighed heavily, while using his stick to stab the demons that come any closer.

-The fact that I'm not going forever, Rae...that I will be going on one last mission abroad with Bruce and then I will stay with the team?! What a disaster...-Jason mocked her and she turned her head towards him, she was clearly angry.

-You should have told me before...

-Would it have changed something?- Robin asked while sweeping under a demon, to catch his legs and make it fall. Raven raised her hands and the remaining ones were lifted up, throwing them away.

-It won't be that long... and I will be here with you again.-he said once the situation was under control.

Rachel stood right in front of him, through the mask she could see his blue eyes.

-Do you promise it, Jay?-Raven asked, as he pulled her into a hug.

-I promise, Rae...