Companion

«But you'll never be alone, I'll be with you from dusk til dawn... Baby I'm right here...I'll hold you when things go wrong, I'll be with you from dusk til dawn...Baby I'm right here...»

Raven flew, not really sure where to, the first thing that came to her mind was going back to the Tower, but Jason's memory was right there, on the surface, and entering the Tower all on her own would tear her apart once again.

How could he know her name? More...even more...how could he even know the way her friends called her? The nickname that Jason used to call her by, besides...

-Little bird?-Rachel rolled her eyes- Are you serious?

-Of course! Why haven't I thought about it before? See... Dick is Big Bird, he call me Jaybird and you're little bird... our little bird-He teased her, patting the top of her head and she raised two fingers to threw him off of the chair.

He groaned while standing up again as Rachel chuckled.

-Please, Rae is way better...-The girl said and left the room.

Raven found a place, a rooftop to watch the dawn, dyeing the edges of the cityscapes.

Raven sat, her legs hanging outside of the building and her eyes looking straight into the nothingness.
She had to meditate, she had to clear her mind because  She was already feeling her demon side craving for taking over  her.
Her emotions that night were strong enough to make her lose control.
So the demoness closed her eyes tight when at the sight of her skin going red and the tips of her fingers turning into claws.

The skies were black, not by clouds but because it felt like some kind of heavy and deep smoke took over the city, covering it in a sulfur atmosphere.

The demons standing in front of the Titans were only three, against the five heroes. More powerful, never the less.

-Raven... our little sister must return home...-One of them pleaded, faking emotion.

She shook her head but walked a few steps towards the trio.

-Leave, now, I don't belong to you nor to my father... -The purple haired girl claimed and her eyes turned black, as she prepared herself to attack the demons.

The one on the front laughed, and with an almost imperceptible move he grabbed her hand, and she screamed out of pain.
Her skin turned scarlet and her eyes brightened with a wicked yellow light.
Her hair grew a few inches turning white and a small pair of horns grew out from her head.
She turned around with an evil grin painted on her face and Jason and Dick gasped at the sight of her friend.

-Rae?-Jay said in a hushed voice. But the only response he had was an attack, by her own hands.

She was there, sobbing, for him, again hating herself for being so weak. For letting those memories pierce into her soul over and over again, she knew better than that, or at least she used  to.

Rachel felt a hand on her shoulder and quickly turned around.
Her looks came back to normal in a second when she saw the man they fought a few hours ago standing right behind her.

Once they came back to the Tower, Rachel ran towards her room, even though she looked like a normal person once again, she was mad, really mad at the fact that her friends had to see her and fought her in full demon mode.

She sat on the floor, over a black mat she had next to her bed.
Dick knocked the door a few times But she just decided to ignore him.
Several minutes passed by before Jason hacked the door and entered.

«Of course he can» Rachel thought, with her face hid in her hands.

The tower was designed by Wayne's technology, It was reasonable that the new Robin would know each password and trick.
He walked and sat right next to her, at first he didn't say a word but when she couldn't contain her tears any longer, he embraced her and laid his head on the top of hers...

-Hey...Little bird... it's just fine...-Jason mumbled and she turned to him, so she could held him tight.

-I...

-Don't. Don't say anything because there's nothing to explain, to me or the Rest of the team...-He kissed her forehead and Rachel couldn't help forming a quick smile on her lips.

-Jay...thank you...-Rachel said, while trying to control the wave of feelings taking over her.

-I'm right here...I'll be here holding you all night if I have to...

She took a little distance, watching into his eyes, trying to find fear or pity, but there was something else, something that she could feel as she was an empath.

-You aren't afraid of me...?-The girl asked, but she knew the answer.

-I can't fear you... I would never feel anything else for you than...-He hesitated while Rachel felt her heart beating faster with each word.- I...I think I'm falling for you, Rae...