War

«Come to me
In the night hours
I will wait for you»

-I was starting to believe that you won't show up here this year...-Bruce said in a soft tone but Rachel's heart beat faster.

He knew, of course he knew.

She laid her eyes in Jason's grave and they filled with tears that she hurried to held back.

-Well, we had a rough night...

-I know, Dick came back to Gotham under my orders, to track this Red Hood and try to identify him.-He explained.

-We didn't succeed at the task.-she pointed out, while starting to soar.-I have to go now...

-Of course, have a good day, Miss Roth...

Raven nodded and was leaving when he raised his voice once again.

-Thank you, for... coming here year after year.

The demoness sighed, trying to hold back the tears and just left.

The night was cloudy, and the  storm was imminent when the team reunited in the docks, waiting for Red Hood once more.
Dick thought it was a almost impossible for the mercenary to ran away when there wasn't many places to disappear into.

The cargo ship arrived, the men of Black Mask came around 11 pm and the four titans were distributed around, covering the perimeter, nobody could  enter or leave without the team seeing and stopping them.

The communicators were on and when the men received the weapons and started to charge the van with the boxes of guns, bombs and other hazards, Red Hood appeared, on his motorbike.

Twelve against one.
It seemed like he was  insane to even try and take a chance against them, but it was clear the Titans were wrong.
Dick told them to intervene if things got hard, but the masked man's skills were stunning.
Those moves, so precise, like...choreographed...
Where have she seen those?
Dick maybe...It reminded her of Dick's fighting style.
Rachel was amazed, she knew them and she couldn't tell why.
Another van entered and another dozen of men came by, shooting straight to Red Hood.

-Time to crash the party-Nightwing ordered through the communicators and then the four of them came out of their hidden spots, to stop the shooters.
One bullet hit Red Hood's arms, and threw him to the floor, making him fall on his back.
One of the men then ran up to him and aimed to his head before Dick hit his knees from behind with his fight stick and then punched his face, making him faint.
Then, he extended  his hand towards the mercenary laying on the floor.

He took it and stood up, then shot down one of the snipers who was about to shoot Nightwing.

-Welcome- he said and dashed away towards the other ones, kicking the first man that came across his way.
Raven came towards him, while Star and Gar fought the second wave.

Rachel threw black energy blasts, quickly getting rid of six of the first wave.
She saw one, running away and she followed him, he hid between the huge containers.
Raven was trying to find him when she felt the cold steel of a hunter knife on her neck.
He was pressing the blade more and more, she could feel the pain growing stronger and the girl was about to take him off of her with her magic when she heard a shot and saw Red Hood, a few meters from her, his gun pointing at them, and then the man fell to the floor. Dead.

-Want some company, Dark Princess?-He said and ran up to her, then put his hand on her neck, cleaning the only blood drop that was falling from the small cut.- Are you alright?

Raven looked at him, puzzled, she was dying to see who on earth was under the freaking Helmet.

-Who Are you?-She questioned one more time and he shook his head.

-That question again?-Red Hood turned around and just disappeared again.

-Raven, you were staring at him and you just let him go?- Dick said crossed once they return to their  base.
She shrugged.

-He doesn't seem like one of the bad guys, he haven't hurt anyone who is innocent so far...-Rachel explained and she felt stupid for defending him.

-That's not the point. He kills, Rae, we don't allow that, Batman doesn't and me neither...-The leader explained and she sighed.

Once the argument finished, she just left the Tower, she needed fresh air and the noise of the city to concentrate.
She went back to Gotham, hoping she could find the mysterious man once again.

-Hey...I could bet you're here for me...-A voice  behind her said, the rain was pouring over her and she didn't even cared.

Raven turned around, standing up and looked at him.

-Who Are you, Red Hood?- She asked once again and he chuckled.

-You're obsessed, aren't you?- The man teased her- Your green boyfriend will be jealous...

-¿Beast Boy? He is only a friend...

-Then... ¿The boy wonder?

-No... neither.  My... Well, he is gone...-She said with a hush voice.

And Red Hood just remained silent.

-I need to know... because I know that you can't be who I think you are...

-Truth...sucks. -He answered.

-Lies are worst...

He sighed and couldn't keep his eyes out of Rachel's eyes, then he laid both of his hands on the sides of the helmet and took it off.

Rachel heard her heart beating faster and tears filled up her eyes.

-The truth is worst in this case, Little bird...-Jason said, dropping the helmet to the floor and staring right into Raven's eyes.