♡ 8 ♡

bambi excitedly sat next to yumi, a bag in her hands that she set in her lap. yumi smiled at her and asked what was in the bag.

"our halloween costumes!" bambi pulled out a headband with puppy ears on it and placed it on yumi's head. "you're a puppy and i'm a kitty."

since meeting, yumi had reminded bambi of a puppy. she wasn't exactly sure why but it was perfect to her for them to be a puppy and a kitten.

bambi places her own cat ears on her head which only made her look extremely adorable, even more so then she always did.

and maybe it was the soft meow that bambi let out that had yumi confirming the fact that she was in love.

on halloween, they got ready at bambi's since they are going to a party at one of her friend's houses.

bambi did yumi's makeup for her and yumi drew bambi's cat whiskers on. the urge to kiss bambi as she sat there all pretty with her see closed was strong but she obviously didn't.

"you look so pretty, yuyu. i'm your kitty and you're my puppy!"

yumi wrapped her arms around bambi as she jumped up and sat down on her lap. bambi played with the collar she had pulled out and put around yumi's neck.

bambi also had one but her's was less of a collar and more of a pretty bow around her neck with a tiny bell on it. did bambi already own both of them? yes. was she going to tell anyone why? no.

bambi checked the time and decided they should head to the party. they were getting their early so yumi could meet bambi's friends before it got too hectic.

they took yumi's car and bambi possibly planned on drinking and yumi did not.

"guys! this is my... friend yumi!" bambi told her group of friends. "yuyu, this is jackson and mark." bambi introduces a few other people but said jackson and mark were her best friends.

"your friend?" jackson asked as mark went to show yumi where the drinks were.

"i don't really know what we are. we're just friends for now."

"you two are cute together. and your costumes are cute."

"why aren't you dressed up?" bambi asked, suddenly realizing that jackson was not in a costume. jackson shook his head and said he would get to it, it was his house after all.

yumi and mark came back, handing the other two the drinks they asked for. bambi smiled up at yumi making her friends chuckle at how obvious she was but yumi still didn't seem to notice.

while jackson went to his room to get dressed, the other three sat on the small couch and talked. mark and yumi got to know each other while bambi sipped at her drink (an orange fanta) from her spot between the two.

yumi noticed that she was quite a bit taller than both mark and jackson which was something that still bothered her from time to time. she had learned to be used to being taller than girls but not guys. given, she was taller than her guy friends also but she was used to that having grown up with them.

bambi, her legs curled up to her and partially leaning on yumi, smiled. she occasionally added to the conversation but was content just listening to her friends talk.

yumi confidentially wrapped her arm around bambi's waist and held her closer without missing a beat of answering mark. she saw bambi blush out of the corner of her eye but she still cuddled up against yumi.

the three laughed as jackson walked downstairs dressed in a mario costume which matched mark's luigi's outfit.

"look! we all have a match!" jackson said happily, hooking his arm with mark's, squeezing himself into the non-existent space between mark and the couch arm.

when the party actually started, yumi and bambi didn't stay long. they said goodbye to the already drunk jackson and nearly stoned mark before leaving to go trick or treating instead.

they were near a rich neighborhood so they went there to get the good candy. some people thought bambi was yumi's younger sister which made them laugh once they left the house.

they went to yumi's once trick or treating hours were over. they dumped out all of their candy and traded each other.

bambi's mouth was blue after eating four blue raspberry jolly ranchers while yumi had been eating some of the chocolate candy that they got.

yumi, who loved scary movies, suggested they stay in the halloween spirit and watch some horror movies. was she hoping that bambi was a scaredy-cat and would want to sit her lap the entire time? maybe. as cliche as it was, yumi hoped it would work.

and it did. bambi was once again in one of yumi's shirts with her bow still prettily around her neck but this time she was firmly placed in yumi's lap and her arms tight around the other's shoulders.

yumi told her that she would protect her and the big, scary killer would never get her. bambi didn't appreciate yumi's teasing but giggled anyway.

bambi ended up asleep with her head on yumi's chest. yumi turned off the tv once the movie was over and easily carried the small girl to her room.

"night, bammie," yumi said quietly, getting under the covers next to the heavily asleep bambi.