Chapter 9

"You remenber that weapons room in your closet?" Jonathan asked not waiting for a response.
"Go put on the gear in there and grab at least 6 weapons." He said already halfway to his room. Clary nodded and pushed open her bedroom door, relishing the smell of her favorite perfume and pencil shavings lingering from earlier this morning.
She quickly snapped out of her trance and opened the secret room in her closet where the beautiful gear still stood waiting for her.
She quickly shrugged off her dress and gently stripped the gear off the manequin.
When she pulled on the gear it fit perfectly. It was comfortable unlike the gear that she wore at the institute.
"5 minutes Clarissa." Jonathan's musical voice drifted into her room.
Clary cursed. She had spent too much time marveling at the gear.
Clary quickly shoved a daggar in each boot and put a sephra blade in the sheaths on either side of her thighs.
She only had 4 weapons and Jonathan said at least 6.
Her eyes darted over all the weapons before landing on a golden whip and a beautiful sword.
She strapped the sword onto her back so that the handle looked like it was sticking up out of her right shoulder and coiled the whip around her left wrist.
As the whip turned into a bracelet she was reminded of Isabelle Lightwood but she pushed the girl she once loved like a sister from her mind.
She grabbed a stele, which she strapped to her lower arm.
She had just finished puting her hair into a bun when Jonathan called for her.
She learned that if you have your hair in a pony tail someone can use it to their advantage.

"Coming!" She shouted as she hurtled herself over the railing without thinking.
She landed in a crouch in front of an impatient Jonathan who wore an almoat identical set of gear to her own. She pulled her stele out and placed it against the wall and soon enough the black flames swirled against the wall.
"Where to?" She asked looking at Jonathan. Jonathan looked into her eyes cautiously as if debating whether to tell her or not.
"Pandemonium" he said slowly and Clarys comfidence wavered but she kept a calm face all the same.
She nodded and grabbed Jonathan's hand before pulling them both into the portal.
The portal spit them out in the alleyway next to the club.
It was a Monday night so there wasnt a lot of mundies.
There were demons, a few handfuls of downworlders, and a few shadowhunters.
Clary immediatly started walking towards the club entrance but was pulled back by Jonathan.
"You need runes." He said pulling out his stele. Clary rolled up her sleves and pulled off her top so he could have better access to open spaces.
Clary closed her eyes as the stele produced the familiar stinging pleasure.
When the feeling cut off Clary opened her eyes.
"Okay, i put a strength rune, glamour
for our gear so that it looks like club clothes, a sure footed rune, and an agility rune because you havent gotten the time to learn how to use your faerie agility. Anything else?" He asked picking the runes off on her fingers.
"Uh, how about a fearless rune." She said looking down.
Jonathan's eyes narrowed but he didnt say anything.
Once the fearless rune had been drawn on her back she pulled back on her shirt and pulled down the sleeves.
Jonathan handed Clary his stele and pulled off his shirt.
Clary traced the traditional runes on his back plus a glamour like he did for her.
"Anything else?" She asked resting her hands on his back, her touch making him shiver.
"No." Was all he said. He was still suspicious that she asked for a fearless rune but he could ask when they got home.
She removed her hands and he pulled back on his shirt.
"Your stele." She said gently tucking it back into it's sheath on his lower inside arm.
He nodded and smiled at her before putting his emotionless mask on.
Clary's smile slipped off her face as she put on her emotionless mask like Jonathan.
"What's the mission?" Clary asked as they flashed their runes to the bored bouncer who nodded and pushed open the door behind him. They pushed past him and into the club.
"I have a spy that works here that is refusing to continue his job so we are here to ask him to rejoin us." Jonathan said over the music, staring out at the masses of people under the strobe lights.
Clary laughed coldly.
"I have a feeling if he says no we just wont be leaving." Clary mused.
Jonathan's mouth curved upward into a cold smirk that confirmed her thoughts.
"Who?" Clary asked wondering if she ever met them. Jonathan smirked.
"The bartender." He said laughing and Clary frowned.
The bartender had always been nice to her and she had confided in him when she was having relationship issues when she was still with Jace.
Jonathan's laughter immediatly cut off as he spotted someone in the crowd.
Clary followed his line of sight to Jace and Alec.
They stood in the middle of the dance floor as they watched Isabelle dance with a demon a couple feet away from them.
She walked in the direction of the storage closet with the demon following close behind her.
A few moments after they slipped into the closet Alec turned and said something to Jace who nodded and they started weaving around people to get to the storage closet.
Johnathan looked at her cautiously to see her reaction but her face was emotionless.
"Clary you dont have to stay you can go back and i can finish this on my own." Jonathan said hastily but Clary shook her head.
"I'm staying Jon, i really dont care if they see me." Clary said as she walked onto the dance floor in the direction of the bar.
Jonathan sighed and jogged after her.