Chapter 10

"Four toxic shots." Clary demanded as she grabbed the bartenders jacket sleeve. He twirled to look at her and laughed.
Clary rolled her eyes and let go of the bartender's jacket.
"Are you sure?" He laughed "Those shots are pretty strong and your a small girl."
Jonathan laughed from a few feet behind Clary, pitying the bartender for a second.
"Yes i'm sure now go." She said scowling and shoved the bartender in the direction of the alcohol.
The bartender smirked and walked back behind the bar.
Jonathan laughed as he walked up behind the irritated shadowhunter, if she could even be called that anymore.
Clary turned, so that they were face-to-face, and leaned against the bar.
"Well if he would have just given me the shots we wouldn't have this problem, now would we?" She said over the music looking at Jonathan as if she expected him to agree with her.
Jonathan hummed his agreement and even though Clary probably couldn't hear him over the music, even with her advanced senses, she still understood what that he was agreeing.
"I'll be happy to get rid of him when the time comes." Clary said making Jonathan relize how much she had changed from the shy, petite girl she once was.
"Your shots, miss..." The bartender greeted as he came up behind Clary, sliding 4 shot glasses filled with a glowing neon green liquid.
Clary rolled her eyes before chamhing her face to a fake, happy one.
She laughed.
"Clarissa Morgenstern at your service." Clary laughed, mock bowing.
The bartender tensed at the name Morgenstern and his eyes flickered over Clary and to her brother behind her.
His whole body went rigged and a low hiss escaped his bared lips.
"Why are you here?" He spat at Jonathan.
He looked furious, like he would try to kill the both of them with or without the bystanders eventhough he would probably die anyway.
Jonathan just laughed.
"You people never learn. Your not done working for me until i say so." Jonathan laughed coldly.
This wasn't Jonathan, her sweet boyfriend and eternal protecter.
This was Sebastion, the cold hearted killer. This was the part of Jonathan that Clary hadn't seen since she joined Jonathan.
The bartender remained quiet but his scowl said it all.
"So Matt i've come to offer you mercy." Jonathan finished ignoring Matt's shocked expression.
So that was his name, Clary thought.
"You can continue your work for me or my sister can kill you." He finished coldly.
Clary smiled fondly at her lover.
Matt's shocked expression turned to one of fury.
"It has been a while." Clarissa mused thoughtfully.
Jonathan gestured to her as if to say 'see she agrees'.
Matt growled.
"Never again." Was all he said but Jonathan got the memo.
Jonathan just frowned and turned to Clarissa.
"Kill him dear." He said flicking his hand in Matt's direction.
Clarissa smiled and pulled her sword out of her shoulder sheath.
"Lets take this to the storage room." Clary purred as if he was just a random guy she was going to use for the night, not kill him.
Matt opened his mouth, ready to protest until Clary delivered a sharp jab to his side.
Matt hissed and walked around the bar, leaving the neon green shots behind.
Clary pushed her body upagainst his to conceal the sword that was currently being jabbed into his hip as a warning.
When Matt pushed open the storage room door Clary released him and shoved him into the room but not before holding the door for her brother who was following at a safe distance behind them.
As soon as Matt was out of Clary's grasp he backed into the room.
Clary twirled her sword as she advanced on him.
For every step forward that Clary took, Matt took one backwards until his back hit the wall.
"Draw it out sister. Slow deaths are boring." Jonathan shouted from his post at the entrance to the storaage room.
Clary just laughed in response as she continued her advancement on the cowering bartender.
"Please Clarissa." Matt begged. Clary just laughed and grabbed his jaw.
"Well that would be no fun now would it." She laughed creating a shallow gash across his cheek.
Matt looked shocked that she had actually cut him.
He started at her as if he couldnt believe it.
"You-"
"Yes i cut you get over it." Clary hissed as she created another gash across his ribs, tearing his white t-shirt.
Matt hissed in pain but he didnt have anytime at recuperate as Clary launched attack after attack on him.
When her attacks finally stopped he was covered in gashes that bled freely onto his t-shirt, changing it from white to a blotchy maroon.
"Now thats a show sister." Jonathan encouraged from behind them.
"But he needs to die in the next 5 or so minutes." He finished, his voice was slightly strained but Clary thought nothing of it.
Clary hummed and thrust the daggar into his leg and for the fist time Matt screamed.
Clary laughed and pulled at sword out of his leg. She held the point over his heart and thrusted down but the sword never peirced his heart.
"Clary!" An unfamiliar voice yelled. Clarissa froze and turned to her uninvited guests. Jonathan hissed.
"I thought i told you to keep quiet angel boy." Jonathan snapped
Jonathan was holding Jace in a head lock and Alec and Isabelle stood frozen in the doorway. The bright strobe lights and music drifted into the room and for a second Clary was afraid some unfortunate mundie would find them the same way Clary had found Alec, Isabelle, and Jace so long ago.
"What are you doing?" Alec asked breaking out of his shock and snapping the door closed behind him and Isabelle.
"Your hair." Isabelle exclaimed.
Clary ignored them and thrusted the blade down into Matt's heart.
He was just as quiet as he was before death as he was after and Clary wondered if he had already died from blood loss.
"Clary Fray!" Alec snapped. Clary turned to face her past.
"It's Clarissa Morgenstern now." Was all she said as she sliced through her glamour rune. Jace sucked in a breath at seeing her in red gear.
Clary ignored the gasps of shock from her previous family and turned to Jonathan.
"Are you ready to leave my love?" She asked ignoring Jace's growl. Jonathan smiled at her.
"Of course." He said as he shoved Jace into Alec and Isabelle who steadied him.
Jonathan was at her side as Jace pulled out a Seraph blade and crouched, ready to fight.
"Clary get behind me." Jonathan growled protectively trying to shove the furious women behind him.
"No draw a portal Jon i will fight them." Clary growled shoving Jonathan towards the wall behind her.
Jonathan looked ready to protest but when he saw the flames in her eyes he relented but remained tense as if ready to jump into the fight at any moment.
Clary's anger suddenly seemed to be too much until the pressure suddenly was relieved.
She was confused for a few seconds but then she relized what had happened.
"What did that monster do to you?" Jace gasped.
The wolf infront of him growled and launched itself at him in a blur of white.
Jace was momentarily suprised but raised his guard all the same. The wolf snapped its jaws at him and swiped out with its paws.
"Clarissa come on!" Jonathan called from behind her where he stood next to a portal made of black swirling flames.
The wolf snapped out at the Shadowhunters one last time before retreating back to where Jonathan stood and turning back into the beautiful, platinum haired girl.
Jonathan grabbed her hand and pulled them both into the portal which closed behind them leaving the distraught Shadowhunters alone in the storage room.