Chapter 11

"What the actual fuck was that?!" The words rang through the deathly silent storage room. It seemed that the dumbstruck shadowhunters didn't hear.
They just remained standing there, frozen in shock.
Until suddenly Jace's knees gave out beneath him.
His body seemed numb, he barely felt the pain of his knees hitting the cement floor.
The pain in his chest seemed to block out every thing else.
Somewhere in the back of his mind he vaguely heared shouting but his mind was focused on something else, no someone else.
Bright green eyes.
Red curls that looked like liquid fire in the sun.
A petite body.
The way she gasped when he kissed her.
But all that was gone now replaced by platinum hair and dark blue-green eyes.
Clary.
His mind chanted her name like a desperate prayer. A prayer that she was still asleep next to him and this was all a dream.
"Jace you need to snap out of it!" Alec shouted shaking Jace's body roughly.
Izzy clung to Alec's arm fearfully when Jace's body remained unresponsive.
Tears pricked the edges of her vision and she squeezed Alec's arm even tighter.
Her nails left little bloody half-moons on Alec's bicep but he didn't shrug her off.
As Alec continued shaking Jace it took all Izzy had not to burst into tears and curse her ex-bestfriend.
She reminded herself over and over that Jace would be fine, his heart is just broken.
But in the back of her mind a small voice reminded her that sometimes broken hearts do more damage than any type of physical pain ever could.
Jace's eyes were glassy and unfocused.
The normal golden hue to his eyes seemed to fade to a muddy brown.
Jace's body flopped so severly when Alec shook him that he was monetarily aftaid that he was goinv to give his parabiti whiplash.
Then out of the blue Jace let out a strangled sob.
Alec swayed on his feet as a tidal wave of pain crashed over him.
But the pain wasnt his, it was Jace's.
Alec jumped back as the searing pain faded, surprised but quickly resumed trying to get Jace to stand up.
"Jace! You have to get up. Come on!" Alec shouted in frustration and Jace's eyes snapped closed then opened.
The glassy haze had disappeared and his eyes reattained their golden hue.
Jace blinked a few times as he tryed to clear his confusion.
Until he suddenly stoped. Jace shrugged Alec's hands off his shoulders and pushed himself up to his feet.
"Lets go." Jace snapped.
All traces of the broken boy from moments ago were gone, now replaced by the boy Alec and Izzy hadn't seen for so long.
Jace rolled his eyes and stalked out of the storage room like nothing had happened.
Alec and Izzy glanced at each other before gathering their sprawled weapons and scrambling after their brother.