Chapter 20

"Sit my queen."
King Mason had a deep, husky voice. He gestured to the looming marble throne on his right. Clary's eyes widened. All the other downworlders needed some type of proof but he just seemed to accept it. Clary advances towards the throne and glanced back at Jonathan who nodded his encouragement. Clary smiled faintly before she ascended the stairs to the throne.
When she sat down she felt tiny. The throne was so huge compared to her tiny body. She felt like a child in an adults chair.
"Now Clarissa we have no relation by family. I was adopted by the former king and queen while you are their pure-blood child." Mason said as he fiddled with a pin of his jacket. Clary nodded but she wasn't sure were Mason was taking that sentence.
"So to solidify our rule we must produce an heir." Mason said and Clary's lips parted in shock.
Jonathan roared angrily from his place next to Clary's throne. 
Clary glanced at him and gasped. The black iris had completely overtaken the sclera and he looked terrifying.
"Jonathan!" Clary snapped causing him to look at her confused.
"Hear him out."
Jonathan huffed and returned to his position next to her throne fuming.
"As I was saying we need an heir. We don't need to get married we just need an heir. It can be a one time thing but it must happen soon." Mason said carefully as he glanced at Jonathan. Clary nodded and Jonathan snarled.
"I will return in a few days when Jonathan has calmed down." Clary told Mason as she climbed down from the massive throne.
Mason climbed off his as well and pulled Clary into a hug.
"Of course. I will speak to the fey, the wolves and the warlocks to create a crown that will represent all of the Downworld." Mason said as he pulled out of the hug. Clary smiled  and nodded.
"Jason will escort you out. Stay safe Clarissa."
Mason called out as the throne room doors snapped closed behind them.
"This way My Queen." Jason said as he led them down a flight of stairs. Clary frowned at the title.
"Please just call me Clary." She said quickly. Jason glanced back at her in shock.
"Clary then."
The walked in silence until they reached the looming front doors. Clary turned towards Jason as he opened the doors. Jonathan ignored them and walked out of the manor.
"Thank you Jason." She said as they stepped out of the mansion. He nodded and smiled before he pulled the doors closed behind them.
Jonathan had been silent since Mason told them about their child.
"Jonathan."
Jonathan remained silent. He didn't even seem to indicate that he had heard her.
"Jonathan you know I love you. It's just a one time thing." She told him. Even if he wasn't talking she knew he was listening.
Clary opened her mouth to continue what she was saying but Jonathan interrupted her.
"I know you love me but your mine and I don't share." He snarled venomously. Clary opened her mouth to say something else but Jonathan slammed her into the side of the mansion.
Clary gasped but Jonathan's mouth was on hers in a second.
He was kissing her with a bruising force that banished the ringing in her ears. Clary hands began to snake their way up Jonathan's shirt as the kiss became heated.
"Jonathan." Clary gasped as he began to kiss her neck causing her to quiver.
"Not here." She moaned as she tried to punch Jonathan off of her. Jonathan just kept kissing her neck.
"Why not?" He asked in between kisses.
"We have guests remember?" She moaned and finally Jonathan stopped kissing her neck and groaned.
"Do we have to go?" He asked as he buried his face in Clary's shoulder. Clary laughed and fixed her shirt.
"Yes now come on." She said as she pushed Jonathan away and pulled out a stele.
Clary quickly drew a portal rune on the wall and grabbed Jonathan's hand.
Jonathan straightened himself up and allowed Clary to pull him through the portal.
————————————————————————
I know it's short I'm sorry but I promise the next chapter will be better. Thank you for all the love and support.