V

Hope sits in Keith's Automobile Repair Shop playing with a random screwdriver as Keith and Lucas fix the bottom of a car

"How's things been since the game?" Keith asks his nephew genuinely interested.

"Different. People I've never talked to say "Hello" to me like they've always known me and the teachers smile more. Cheerleaders strip in your car." Lucas shrugs.

"Yeah, Brooke told me about that." Hope shudders at the thought. "Gross."

"Sounds like the good life." Keith smiles amused at the blonde's antics

"Yeah, it sounds like it, but not really."

"No?" Keith asks and Hope puts down the screwdriver and listens more attentively.

"No, the team's hazing me a little bit." Lucas admits.

"Is it bad?" Hope frowns. "Is it Nathan?" Lucas shrugs off her concern.

"Well, believe it or not, I wouldn't take it too personally. See, we, uh, we did that when I played. Unless it gets completely out of hand, just roll with it. Show 'em what you're made of." Keith reassures his nephew with a pat on the back.

〰️〰️〰️

Dan joins his kids at the kitchen table ignoring the obvious tension as Hope silently eats a bowl of cereal. "Whitey's using you to get back at me, and I apologize, Nathan, because it's not your fault."

"What do you want me to do, dad? It's Whitey's team." Nathan shrugs and takes a bite of his omelette.

"No, it's not. Whitey didn't understand when I was playing for him. He doesn't get it now. This is your team. Not his. What position do you want to play?"

"I think I'm stronger at shooting guard." Nathan admits.

"I agree. So, if this new kid's taken your position, he's no longer your teammate, is he? He's your opponent. And how do we defeat an opponent? Identify his weaknesses and attack them." Dan orders his son before walking away just as quickly as he walked in.

"You know you don't have to act like this, just because he does." Hope smiles softly at her brother. She isn't blind to how her father can act. She just chooses to see the very best part of him.

"You know, I'm not Lucas, okay?" Nathan turns to his sister with a glare."Stop expecting me to act like him." He stands to his feet and walks out of the room making her roll her eyes.