XVIII

Lucas enters the cafe with Hope skipping next to him and comes to the counter to see Haley who looks hung over

"Oh wow" Hope chuckles picking up Haley's arm and letting it flop on the counter

"What happened to you" Lucas questions taking a seat after lifting Hope into the counter.

"Nice to see you too." She gives them sarcastic smiles as Hope starts making herself a coffee on the other side.

"Yeah I missed you in sixth period" Lucas furrows his eyebrows at the amount of sugar Hope spills on the counter.

"Yeah, I kind of skipped. You can get your jaw off the floor now" Haley admits to Lucas

"He's got you skipping school" Lucas all but yells making Hope flinch and spill more sugar.

"Lucas, talk to me when you get your tattoo removed." She angrily walks to the back ignoring the mess that Hope has made.

"Luke, you gotta stop being so judgmental when it comes to Nathan." Hope sighs at her brother and he looks down slightly

"Yeah, I know." Lucas admits with a shrug before he hears his name being called by Mr. Sawyer who is sitting with Peyton behind them.

"Hey, sit down, Rake Boy." Peyton's father gestures to the chair in front of him and Lucas looks to Hope for permission before moving to sit with them. 

Just as Lucas sits the door to Karen's cafe opens and Riley and Ethan walk in together and head for Hope.

"Wow, look it's Riley and Ethan walking in together, at the same time." Hope trails off suddenly nervous at their presence.

"Yeah, you told us to meet you here." Ethan frowns at her weird behavior.

"So, what do you want?" Riley reaches for the cup of coffee that Hope has finally constructed and takes a sip before recoiling. "Ew, what is that?"

"Leave my coffee alone." She snatches it back with a pout making Ethan smile warmly at her. "Anyways, I was just thinking about the other night and that conversation we had."

"What about it?" Ethan now reaches for the coffee a little curious about the taste but Hope pulls it out of his reach.

"You guys should get back together." Hope announces making the other two parties sigh.

"Hope, we've talked about this." Riley slumps  down in her chair in exhaustion.

"Yeah, I know but as both of your best friends I just want to see you guys happy."