Chapter 2: The Remains

A vast ocean, one that was rather shallow, allowing anyone and anything to walk upon its surface with no complications. The surface reflected a mirror image of everything, as if the ocean wasn't water at all. Everything from the vast blue cloudy sky to the dark ominous cloud that straddled the skyline for a goal to steal all light to be left with only black. The clouds stopped at a certain point with no chance of breaking the barrier, light and darkness split the beautiful scene in half.

A girl wrapped tightly in bandages bearing a brown hoodie with the hood drawn, stood proudly in the side of light. She seemed so out of place, to bare the look of a murderer, but her soul spoke all good intentions, along with her angelic cerulean eyes.

On the side of desperate evil stood a girl dressed in casual clothes, bandages were worn only on her arms and nowhere else. Scars and burnt flesh made up her skin's complexion, while her eyes were crimson, with a faintest glimpse of blue hope peeking out through the red.

The girl of light slipped the brown hood from atop her head to rest at the shoulders, (h/c) strands waving in the wind. She carefully examined the individual of darkness with a glum frown. "I see you've met him..." She spoke cautiously, a voice quiet yet smooth like water.

"Met who?" The girl of darkness spoke bitterly.

"Everyone," the girl of light answered her question, yet it didn't answer as it wasn't very distinct.

"Everyone as in..." The dark girl hesitated, a jolt of electricity pierced the back of her skull. The side of darkness shook and crumbled little by little in response as if the girl and the world were one in the same. "Why is it that nearly everyone I see... My head feels like it's being split open?" The dark girl fought off the tears in her strained eyes, digging at her own chest that hurt in unison with her brain.

The girl of light remained planted in her spot, she had no concern for the girl lying before her. "They're important," she points out blankly. "They're all important to you, whether you know it or not."

"I've never met them before yesterday..." The girl of darkness whimpered.

"They're still part of you, whether you're aware of it or not. The memories remain, you just got to unearth them..." The side of light began to fade, as if it was a projection or mirage on the scene. "Quit fighting the memories, endure the pain," the girl of light closed her eyes, preparing to depart for an infinitude of time. When the time is right, she'll return.

"Who the hell are you?" The girl of dark snapped, the pain in her head fading.

The girl of light wore an angelic smile, opening her eyes one last time. "(Y/n)..."

"Arg!!!" You snapped up from the cot sat upon the floor of the bar. The cot was worn in, could be replaced, and sat up roughly five at most eight feet away from where Bakugou's chair was placed. This wasn't a security measure to ensure Bakugou wouldn't escape, this was your actual place of choice to sleep ever since you've joined the League of Villains. The bar hideout had no actual rooms besides a bathroom, kitchen, and dining area so nobody had the luxury of having a private room. Not like you really cared about privacy, not like you really cared about much of anything at all. It's always bothered you, everything's bothered you. There's this blank space on the mind; from the first week of UA up until about a month ago. You haven't been able to latch onto much, the simplest things like names and settings made your mind and heart tense up.

Not to forget the reoccuring dreams about that girl...

You're surprised nobody else within the hideout had awoken from your aggravated outburst, resuming their sleep as if nothing had happened at all. Then again only Dabi, Toga, Kurogiri and Shigaraki stay at the hideout everyday unless there's a mission given from the top dog: All for One.

You ran a hand through your unusually rough hair, wondering when was the last time you've bathed due to the almost greasy feel your strands left behind on scarred fingertips. You let out a built up sigh, low and slow, yet the pressure remained. That girl from the dreams, (Y/n), flashed in and out of your mind like an old film that wasn't properly wounded. Her angelic electric blue eyes, her shy smile, the bandages hugging her limbs. She reminded you of an angel who fell from heaven, she wasn't kicked out of heaven, no... She actually fell from heaven, her wings and body all torn up to the point you couldn't distinguish her true species, and all she wanted was to climb back up. "Everyone calls me (Y/n)..." You held one scarred hand within the other, closely examining those hands, pointing out each and every imperfection. "(Y/n) wore bandages... Was it to hide these beautiful scars?" You began to wonder why your previous persona would hide something so beautiful. Despite the fact that the new persona, Ark, had no clue as to how these burn scars came to be, you cherished them longing for a answer or story behind them.

An answer or story... An answer you can gain right now if so desired. that's when your half and half orbs of blue and crimson dwindled on over to Bakugou, sleeping in a rather uncomfortable state all restrained within his chair of chains and silver. Last night was eventful, yet also such a blur. Shoto, Eraserhead, and Bakugou all referred to you as (Y/n). Them three must have been part of your previous life. Bakugou can answer your buzzing questions. They must've all played a part as your alternate and forgotten persona.

Your past isn't a secret, more All for One and Shigaraki don't have any knowledge on the subject. Apparently your memories went down the toilet out of the blue one day, saying that a stressful event created the large blank space. That event being the day you gained a new quirk. Losing and gaining a quirk was too much mentally and physically. That's why you so blindly joined the League, you had no sense of belonging with the memories that remained. You had no friends, father was rarely home because he was too busy training his new apprentice. School was rough and you had a bully. That bully was Bakugou, that much you can remember. You fought him out of the blue one day in school, and that's when the blank space began...

"Bakugou was so... So..." You sighed, remembering back to last night in the mountains. Bakugou kept calling out to you by your given name, pain in his eyes and tears that nearly fell from those crimson orbs. "Bakugou cares about me?" You couldn't steal your eyes from the unconscious blonde. "He treated me like shit that first week of school... Why does he care about me so much?" A sharp pain pierced you in the back of the head, causing you to groan as your vision blotted with blinding stars to a familiar scene. Last night when you impaled Bakugou in the shoulder, you couldn't forget the fear you saw in those once hatred filled eyes. That fear you saw, broke something within, you wanted to cry in his place...

"Quit fighting the memories and endure the pain..." You quoted the girl from your dream. Is this what she meant? This flashback was the first one you never fought or ignored as a whole. Now the pain in the back of your head feels bitter, yet sweet. Like a brain freeze. It hurts for a second, but feels refreshing the second it's over. Maybe... Listening to the girl is for the best.

"I need my answers," you struggled to your feet, the cold floorboards of the bar floor chilled your toes sending goosebumps to rack your arms and spine. With swaying movements, feet that dragged your body to stand before Bakugou as he remained oblivious in dreamland. Something told you that it was hard to believe that Bakugou would sleep despite everything that happened yesterday. But why? Was this feeling coming from the bits and pieces of (Y/n) that remains? It has to be, why else are you being so blindly infatuated with Bakugou despite knowing little to nothing about him.

You reached out for Bakugou, something kept your hand from brushing up against his form entirely. Bakugou looked like... Everything. He was pale, his jaw hung loosely allowing shallow breath to slip between his lips, no wrinkles, dried blood from clotted over scratches remained. At first glance you'd say Bakugou looked as if he was in a peaceful sleep, after a double take, he was exhausted and fighting an excruciating pain mentally and physically. You wondered about what exactly was going through his head at this very moment.

Was he dreaming about (Y/n)? Or Ark, the corrupted girl who devoured the girl he once knew?

At that very moment, you knew to leave Bakugou alone. That's what (Y/n) would have wanted. You can always ask him on a different date. That's when you couldn't help but to smile, this icy-cold feeling of utter refreshment washed over you, something you haven't felt once since gaining this new name. That's when you were determined to bring out the second heart within you, be it through force or time, (Y/n) is the better girl that deserved to shine.