Chapter 3: Neutral

The morning to follow, you knew it was going to be eventful. Just last night you lost three members of your squad, fought a pro hero, as well as fought the two strongest students of a class of aspiring heroes, kidnapping one of them in the meantime. That student was Katsuki Bakugou, an explosive blonde with eyes as red as crimson blood flowing freely from an open wound. Those eyes were so beautiful, captivating, you envied him. Too bad you're stuck with eyes of two fading colors, sapphire blue like the symbol of peace and ruby red like your guardian Tomura Shigaraki. Why couldn't you be gifted with eyes of one color? To be between two worlds tore your mind apart... Now you're having dreams about your other half, the good half, the one with the blue eyes whose heart was free of darkness.

Bakugou was clearly familiar with the other half, so transfixed on that half that he would stare at you with ease and comfort despite the fact that (Y/n) is long gone, and replaced with another. Bakugou has been staring at just about everyone since the moment he woke up, a heated glare to just about everyone, and mercy for you alone.

"Crap..." A ghostly gasp passed your lips as your fingers drifted before them. Bakugou's left shoulder was still encased in a cocoon of silver, you neglected to treat his wounds last night. The metal was supposed to act as a makeshift bandage for the time being, it works but the injury is more than likely infected right now. Why did you have to impale him in the shoulder? Now Bakugou's at risk of dying...

"I hurt Bakugou last night," you mentioned to Shigaraki, who now looked beyond annoyed with your actions. You could tell by the way his red eye squinted between the fingers of the hand that hugged his face. "I forgot about it... Can I treat him?" At this point why even ask? You're too afraid to do much if anything at all without permission but healing the captive should be top priority.

"Release him from the chair while you're at it," Shigaraki's voice was scratchy, yet it was still laced with annoyance. "We're trying to make him one of our own, we have to treat him like an equal."

"Understood," you completely forgotten about the master plan. Father and Shigaraki are fixated with the idea that Bakugou holds the potential to become a villain, yet you neglect to understand why. Something deep inside you, maybe it's a hunch or a third person talking, told you that there's no way this vulgar blonde would even think about turning to villainy. That thought led to your brain pulsating against your skull, the pain drawing stars within your line of vision as you swayed side to side with weak legs

No... Another flashback? Why now?

...

Flashbacks are a normal routine, although most of them were useless and gave you no meaning behind them since most lasted no more than a flash of imagery of someone's face or a setting for a split second before fading away. This time, it was a scene, not just a picture. Everything was hazy as you slipped into someone else's shoes yet unable to control anything. Body a bone chilling cold, stripped of muscles unable to move, eyes barely held open as eyelids were made of lead. From what you could manage to see, the setting was outdoors. The sky a murky grey, about to downpour, tombstones littered the scene with dark dying grass making up the carpet of the earth.

And then the real flashback began...

Gyah HA HA HA!

Shrieked a maniacal cackle that boomed within the atmosphere. You recognized that laugh, a dangerous sound that remained etched within your mind. You expected to see a man with raven hair and clad in bandages, Instead, it was Bakugou who clutched onto your cold limp body some more with a look of pure determination staining his features.

It cursed you, to be aware during the flashback. Why is Bakugou of all people protecting you from the man you look up to?

"Gyah HA HA HA! Awe Man! Been dying to see this little cutie again," Bakugou cringed to how similar this man's voice sounded like his own. A shady figure stepped out from behind a broken tombstone. He appeared to wear a hoodie to hide his facial features, slinging a long ranged weapon over to rest upon his shoulder. A scythe. The man continued to walk until he stared at Bakugou head on with similar glowing eyes of crimson. "Say (Y/n)," the man sang. "Look at me when I talk to you!"