Chapter 15: Icy-Hot & Red Riot Unbreakable

Okay, so there will be two more chapters left in this book after this one. I had to break up the Battle Royal into two updates instead of just one since it got really long. This chapter is 4,422 words in total.

As much as everyone's been anticipating the day of the Grand Class 1. A. Battle Royale, the very thought of it was unnerving in itself. Then again, you don't have much room to speak yourself. You've been having cold feet when it came down to fights lately and could anyone blame you? When you brawl with someone, you expect it to be a life or death situation therefore there's no reason to hold back. Now you're fighting classmates, you need to hold back or else you risk their very existence. The only upside to this whole thing is that Hawks had taught you how to use your new deadly weapon in non-leathal ways.

"Todoroki and (Y/n)," All Might waved up to the two of you on the bleachers. "You two are up first!"

"Up first... Wow," you stood from the step of the bleacher. "Looks like I'm up first guys! I'm gonna own him."

"Confidence is key," Kirishima playfully punched you in the shoulder.

"See ya in the final," Bakugou waved you off. You grinned, hopping from step to step of the bleachers till you got to the bottom. Shoto was right behind you, being he wasnt in any hurry, whereas you both walked side by side to the middle of the battlefield. While All Might manned the commentary and scoreboard, Aizawa and Cementoss were the referees.

"One to the left and one to the right," Aizawa instructed the two of you. You remained to the male's right, Shoto moved over to the left for two distinct sides. "Now, rules are simple and much like the Sports Festival. Fight until one person can't continue or forfeits. Apprehending your opponent can result in a win only if your rival cannot escape in any sort of way within thirty seconds. There are no boundaries either and I may call the fight at any time that I feel there's a clear winner or lives are at stake. Do not try to kill each other but that goes without saying," Aizawa had to pause himself after that large mouthful of words then motioned a hand to Cementoss. "You may adjust the playing field to your advantage if need be, just ask Cementoss. Do either of you have any adjustments you'd like to make?" Shoto looked to you for answers.

"I have one of two requests actually," you spoke up. "I'd like to raise the field a few feet or add in some pillars. Or we can do nothing, I'm leaving the decision to you Shoto."

"I understand the pillars, but why raise the field?" Shoto questioned your tactics.

"If I told you It'd be cheating," you refrained from leaking information. "But um... I want access to the cieling if you seriously must know," a hint towards your possible fighting tactics. Either field decision Shoto agrees to, you're at an advantage but if Shoto decides to keep everything level then it's not much of a setback at all. You'll still fight with or without the advantage and win. But... Okay, you're getting a little too cocky now.

Shoto sighed suddenly, "I'll let you have the advantage."

"R-really? Shoto really you don't have to-"

"I want to fight you at your all... And I'll give you mine," Shoto stared down at his left hand. There was a subtle pain laced in his multi-colored eyes that you c pi uld just barely trace.

You reached out, holding his warm hand gently. "May I ask what's bothering you Shoto?"

"I've only ever gave my all when I fought Midoriya... No one else," Shoto's eyes locked with your own with this fierce confidence. "I should've done the same for Bakugou but blew it... I won't hold back again."

"Then I wish you luck," you flashed Shoto your gentle smile that'd soothe even the most stressed of beings.

Shoto's hand finally grasped yours back, demonstrating that he was ready for quite possibly his strongest opponent yet. "Raise the field a few feet," you opponent demanded from Cementoss. The rectangular man of grey had himself knelt down and pressed the tips of his block fingers to the ground whereas the entire floor had elevated a good five feet into the air. You made sure to count and locate each metal support rod that lined the ceiling; they were roughly three feet apart and stretched the entire expanse of the cieling from one wall to it's parallel.