Chapter 13: Unlikely Friendship

With a heavy stir from slumber, everything was as cold as ice and senses hindered to a numb buzz. It was through a cloudy gaze your eyes could distinguish the colors red and white to your right; the color yellow to your left. Nobody you knew had hair as white as snow as well as hair as red as blood except for one other person. And then bleached hair that was frazzled like an explosion to your left.

"Sh-Shoto? B-B-Bakugou?" You stuttered with your jaw shaking involuntarily leaving a bone clattering noise to fill the atmosphere. Even your vocal cords felt like they're encased in a block of ice, just speaking had you wishing no air trespassed your struggling lungs. "Wh-why is it so c-c-c-c-cold?" You began to hug yourself for warmth and realized you're sitting in idle water.

"My dad called me up a few hours ago," Shoto sat forward on a stool that sat before the metal bathtub of which you sat within. "He gave you a heatstroke and now you're in an ice bath..." Shoto removed his hand from the outside of the tub, there was an icy imprint left behind. He's assuming your water doesn't need to be cooled for any longer now that you're shivering and all.

"C-can I get out?" Your legs refused to cooperate.

"You look fine now so... Sure," Shoto shrugs and clenched his hand to break off some ice from his palms.

Thirty seconds later and Shoto hadn't made any attempt to move. "You just gonna sit there Half n' Half Bastard?" Bakugou sent a half lidded glare towards the two tone boy.

"You're her boyfriend," Shoto suggests blankly.

"So?" Bakugou rolled up his sleeves.

"I didn't have to invite you here and I've been using my right side for the last few hours. I'll risk freezing (Y/n) if you can't tell," Shoto held out his right arm. Even through the sleeves of his uniform the limb was freezing over in patches and shook faintly. This was one of the downsides to Todoroki's quirk; the overuse of any one side of his quirk, be it ice or fire, leaves Shoto at risk of many complications such as hypothermia, heat exhaustion or even sickness.

"Could've just told me that earlier jackass..." Bakugou hissed reaching down into the steel tub. His hand found the backs of your knees, the other pressed to your backside as he pulled you out from the icy trap to lie you upon blanket of towels. He also wrapped another towel of pristine white around your backside. You gave him a deserving kiss of appreciation to the cheek.

Shoto sat down on the floor beside you both and ignites his left side aflame and acted as a heater for everyone. "Of all people, why did you choose to intern with my dad?" You've seen not many but a fair share of expressions from Shoto, but you've never seen one of pure disappointment...

 "Of all people, why did you choose to intern with my dad?" You've seen not many but a fair share of expressions from Shoto, but you've never seen one of pure disappointment

As much as you wanted to savor the newfound warmth, you found yourself leaning away. "I-I didn't r-really have a choice..." You sighed.

"Grow a fucking pair and tell Aizawa no for a change..." Bakugou disapproved in your uncanny obedience towards your father. While respect and loyalty is key to a healthy relationship with parents, yours is too reliant on loyalty...