Chapter 9: Flashback to Date Night!

2 Months Earlier…

Although you had no idea why you were in the medical ward of some… Alright, it was someplace unfamiliar. Long story short, the last thing you remembered was interning with your jolly father, All Might, and then hugging it out your boyfriend, Bakugou, after your choice in hero costumes left him steaming with anger and misunderstandings. Something wasn’t setting in correctly, rather it was just about everything. Cause of darkness, that’s all that you saw even after opening your eyes from a sinful slumber. This medical ward had all so very dim lighting, nothing better than the moon’s yellow glow on a summer’s night. It all aided the skull splitting pain that ate away at your head. It wasn’t a headache, and worse than a migraine, it literally felt like your head was being split open with an axe.

“What happened?” You moaned out in pain upon pressing your hand to the point of origin.

“Glad to see you’ve awaken Miss,” a man spoke low and slow. You didn’t have the focus to question who the voice belonged to, rather you turned your attention to the voice instead. Your eyesight was already a little hazy to begin with, but you couldn’t make out anything on the guy besides his white dress shirt and yellow glowing eyes in this darkness. Where’s his face? Does he even have one?

“May I ask where I am, or maybe… What exactly happened? I was… Did something happen to me during my internship?” One thing for sure that you’ve figured out was that this wasn’t any ordinary hospital. Doctors don’t look like a void of black…

“Hosu went down in flames, luckily Shigaraki and myself were there and took you in,” the man answered slowly as if he hadn’t chosen his words yet. Luckily you could tell when someone was lying most of the time, just read body language and listen to their voice.

“You were in charge of the attack weren’t you?” You huffed, aggravated. Hosu going down in flames reminded you of something. You weren’t quite sure what it was, but you remembered Toshinori persuading you to keep out of the matter.

The man of black mist hummed. “Indeed, but for your information I hadn’t denied it. However we did save you from an assumed death.”

“Assumed?” You tried to adjust yourself within the bed, only for pain to surge throughout your body from every sensory nerve within your arms. Your bandages, they’re gone and your arms were covered in thick layers of some oily ointment, skin was darker and patchy. “H-How did I get more burns?” And you thought electrical burns were bad…

“Again, the city was going down in flames,” the man points out yet again.

“Y-You caused this!” You held out one hand suddenly, expecting for an explode-o-bubble to leak from your palms only for nothing to come and even more pain than ever before to accompany it by. “W-w-why isn’t anything h-happening?” You whimpered, mentally activating your quirk but all that came was an explosion of pain escalating by the second. “AH! It hurts!!!”

“I suggest you quit trying to use your quirk,” mist boy suggested.

“W-Why?” Tears began to stream down your face.

“I’ll bring in the man in charge,” he bowed, striving to leave. “I’m Kurogiri by the way-”

“I don’t care!” You snapped. Now your head hurt the most it ever had. The pain coursing through your veins from the attempt to use your quirk subsided little by little by the moment. It was when the pain had deteriorated completely when another man stepped into the room. Kurogiri followed in after the man with a series of machines on a cart that kept the first man’s heart beating. Again, this guy didn’t have a face besides a mouth and sunken pits where his eyes should be.