43.

Hoseok hummed happily as he packed up his stuff. Jungkook and him had planned a picnic today.

He was just about to pack the last item, a tablecloth, when his door rung. He walked to open it up completely not expecting the guy at his door.

"Taehyung?"

Taehyung abruptly hugged him as he closed his eyes. "Can we please talk?" He whispered.

"Of course." Hoseok responded returning the hug.

Seconds later, they both let go and he got out of the way so Taehyung could walk right in.

"What's the matter?" He asked. Because Taehyung was never the touchy person and he never wanted to "talk".

He was good at hiding his emotions. Just as he opened his mouth to speak he saw the bag Hoseok was packing up.

"Where are you going?" He asked knowing exactly where. He just wanted to hear it so his anger could be justified.

"Just going on a picnic later. Can you tell me what's wrong?"

"Picnic? With who?"

Hoseok grabbed the tablecloth and put it over the bag like it would cover up the fact that he was still going.

Taehyung was pissed.

How come he still saw Jungkook? How come Jungkook still rented his services? How come everyone suddenly forget that he existed? The world wasn't fair.

"My rental. Anyways, what—?"

"You're going out with that stupid kid again?" He snapped.

Hoseok was taken back by the sudden attitude and the insult to his poor Kookie.

"Don't call him stupid! And he's not a kid! He's actually very mature, sweet, and caring!" He demanded his face turning red.

Taehyung chuckled furiously, "Are you fucking serious? You are actually defending him? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What the hell is wrong with you? You're always talking bad about him like you know him. What's your damn problem with him, huh?"

Taehyung felt his stomach twist and turn. His anger slowly built up more and more. Until he couldn't hold it it.

No one cared.

No one listened.

No one ever asked him if he was okay.

Not even his two best friends. Just because he was well at hiding his feelings didn't mean he was always okay.

The only one that ever asked was Jungkook. He was the only one that sincerely cared. And to not have that in his life made him feel so shitty. So he was mad about everything and everyone.

"My problem is that you don't even pay attention to me anymore! All you care about is hanging out with him and making him feel okay. Well, what about me? Jimin and you have completely pushed me to the side and I can't fucking deal with my loneliness by myself, okay? Did you know that the guy that I fell in love with rents Jimin's services? I saw them four nights ago together. It's not Jimin's fault I'm aware of that but it still fucking hurt. I cried that night. A lot. I was messaging you hoping you'd message back or even call me. You didn't until the next morning. I know you were with him. So the fact that you hang out with your rental isn't the exact problem. You're the problem for your lack of friendship. I thought we were best friends. We've been through so much since second grade. Now, I feel like you've pushed me aside. That's my problem."

Taehyung walked by Hoseok and exit his apartment slamming the door. Hoseok took a seat on his couch.

What Taehyung had told him was a lot to process. It was true. He was a bad friend. And Taehyung was always there for him no matter what.

He sighed running his fingers through his hair. Life really wasn't fair.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked as he nibbled on a sliced apple.

"Yes. I'm fine." Hoseok responded with a smile.

"But you're not, please tell me what's the matter?"

Hoseok debated whether he should tell Jungkook or not. Then again, who else would he tell?

Jimin?

"My friend went to visit me before I came here. He was upset and said things that were true."

"Like?"

"That I've sort of pushed him aside. It's true. Looking back at it, I can definitely see why he would think that."

"Why have you been pushing him aside?" Jungkook asked.

Hoseok sighed again, he didn't know how to respond to this. He remained quiet thinking of how to word it.

Jungkook's eyes widen in realization, "It's me isn't it?" He felt extremely guilty.

Hoseok quickly shook his head, "No, no, it's not you. It's me. I didn't pay attention to him and he's not really the emotional type. You know? He claims to be tough and everything but he's very fragile. He needs a lot of loving. It's not Taehyung's fault he's—"

"Taehyung?" Jungkook breathed. Even saying his name was hard on him. It couldn't possibly be his Taehyung now could it?

"Yeah, he is one of my best friends."

"What Taehyung?" He asked still not being able to wrap my head around it.

"I told you he's my best friend. He works with me and..."

Jungkook stopped listening after he heard the last part. A thousand scenarios started playing in his head.

And he felt like shit.

He had pictured to start something with Hoseok but now how could he? After finding out this how can he do that to, Taehyung? Even to Hoseok?

"Jungkook?"

"Huh?" He asked going back to reality.

"Where you listening to me?"

Jungkook pressed his lips together. He kept quiet. "What's the matter?" Hoseok asked.

"I...Taehyung is...he's..."

"What does Taehyung have to do with this?"

He raised his eyebrows confused until it hit him. "Oh no,"

Jungkook swallowed hard as he put the bowl of sliced apples down. "Taehyung is your guy? He's the guy." Hoseok said in disbelief.

"H-how? What? Why?" Hoseok had so many questions.

"He's your best friend." Jungkook mumbled.

Hoseok looked at the ground perplexed. How was he suppose to choose between them?

Would he pick the boy he likes with all his heart? Or his best friend of years? If he picked Jungkook that would be selfish for Taehyung wouldn't it?

If he picked Taehyung would that do Jungkook justice? Would it do his feelings justice?

"Yes he is, but I like you." He whispered.

Jungkook looked at him, "I think we should end this. You can't betray your friend like that. Even after everything I've told you. I won't make you pick."

Hoseok reached over to grab his hand. He felt guilty but the guilt was soon replaced with love. It was too overwhelming.

"I don't want to leave you. Please, don't ask me to leave."

sorry for the lack of updates guys :( ive been sick. thanks for the support much love ;*