𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹.𝟻: 𝙰𝚕𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚝 "𝙼𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗'" 𝚆𝚎𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚛 - 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸

14th October 1996:

I liked the feel of the R. P. D the first time I came here so it feels nice to be back again. It's still busy outside as it's the morning rush hour but I managed to park after a fair bit of perseverance. It's weird being inside now that it's not full to the brim with people. I wonder where my interview with Captain Wesker is? Probably his office, now that I think about With any luck I'll soon get the chance to become familiar with this place. The butterflies in my stomach begin to prickle again but I swallow in an attempt to suppress them. Man, I really should have been given more instructions.

"Hi, can you help me?"

God, could I have sounded less specific?

"Of course, what can I help you with?"
A female officer with a name badge saying Rita Phillips is the first to answer me from behind the reception desk.

I plaster a grin on my face in the hopes that it makes me look more approachable.

"I have an interview with Captain Albert Wesker, considering S.T.A.R.S and I was wondering if you know where I should go for that? "

Rita smiles at me then proceeds to point a finger up to the stairs.

"Yup sure, just go up this left-hand stairway and then proceed left through the door to the library," Ok, not confusing so far, "then the first door by the staircase in there, through the next door you see and finally down the corridor until you see the S.T.A.R.S office door."

Rita seems like a good person so I don't want to waste her time and ask her again but boy, that was confusing. My head buzzes with the information but I still continue to smile blindly.

I thank her and begin to make my way up the stairs. This place is completely mind-blowing though. As I'm walking up, I'm starting to realise just how big the goddess statue is. It's grand and looks carefully sculptured; no wonder they decided to keep it. I squint my eyes and look at the base of the statue, noticing 3 circular slots engraved into the stone. How weird. Looks like some sort of puzzle.

Right, first left in the library then through another door

Right, first left in the library then through another door. I open the door and pass through, nearly gasping and I step into the library; it's gorgeous. The bookcases in here are grand, sleek and stand tall. All the books themselves look important and precious; all bound strongly and thick. Some even look antiquarian. There are a few tables in the middle to sit down and read which gives it a very municipal feel. My eyes refuse to stop wandering and settle on the chandelier swinging high above me — I shake my head. I can't get sidetracked.