𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷.𝟻: 𝙰 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗 "𝚄𝚖𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊-𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍" 𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 - 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸

25th July 1998

Something's been picking at my brain. I say picking but...really it's been bashing — Jill. We've still not run into her at all. At least now we've unlocked that giant gate so her, Barry and Wesker will be able to come down too. Oh god, are we the only ones left? Assuming that the others are even still alive...

"Jesus, it's cold..." Chris shivers next to me.

He's right — it is. We've been walking down damp, stony steps for the past minute and we seem to be going back underground which is...fun.

"And wet," Becca grimaces as a drop of water splashes onto her face; she wipes it away and raises her eyebrows, bringing her hand back down, "more caves...?"

The walls around us are rocky again, lit only by a single bulb hanging overhead — guess we are back in the caves. Yippee.

I sigh, quickening my pace until we finally hop from the last step and back down onto flat ground, "Let's just keep going and hope for th— yikes, that does not look safe,"

Holding a hand out, I look down and ahead at what seems to be a path made entirely of wooden boards, all at odd angles and bound together with thin rope. There's a door on the other side, just barely fitting inside the tight walls that surround around it.

"Shit," Chris whispers through his teeth, "we better go separately so there's no extra weight,"

I swallow and let my eyes wander down between the cracks of the panels; it's a long fall; not one I want to take

"Becca you go first, I'm guessing you're the lightest," the brunette squeaks quietly as I pat her on the shoulder.

"(y/n), you go next and I'll go last,"

I nod at Chris's words and give Rebecca a thumbs up to evoke some confidence within her. She smiles timidly and steps onto the first board, her shaky breaths audible in the strong silence. Rebecca walks a few more steps until she crosses onto the next board and Chris taps me on the shoulder.