𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼: 𝙹𝚒𝚕𝚕 "𝙼𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚄𝚗𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐" 𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚎

(e/h/c) - enemy hair colour
The other one's probably easy to work out when you see it.

21st July 1997:

Jeez, has it already been nearly a year? It only feels like yesterday since I was sat having that awkward-ass interview with Al. I remember when I told my Mom the whole thing — she just laughed and said I handled it like my Dad. It's been a while since I've seen her. She decided to move back to England to look after a sick friend and it's pretty hard to call overseas. But that was months ago. Man, time flies by when you're having fun, I guess.

"Hey (y/n), snap out of it," My ears prick at the sound of Chris's voice and I immediately sit up.

"What, oh, uh sorry guys,"

"Now that Miss (l/n) clearly takes so much interest in this discussion, why don't you share your thoughts with us,"

Goddamnit Wesker.

About a month back we got a call about a gang of "youths" (as Chief Irons called them) who were causing trouble in the back allies. Then several days ago it was reported that a huge gang of them came out of nowhere and just started shooting at people and blowing up around the area. In that incident only 1 person died: a fucking six year old kid. Since then it's become a regular thing. The gang doing what they want. I owe it to that kid to pay attention.

"I think these guys are bigger than what they seem. They can handle bombs and use heavy firepower including snipers which isn't the usual branch of equipment petty gangs use." I run a hand through my hair and think, "So, I'm thinking these bastards are assassins or possibly mercenaries. The first time this happened a witness said that they overheard one of the girls say that the kid was in the way of the target, doesn't sound like something random shooters would say."

The sooner we get rid of these monsters, the better. I'm tired of this city's reputation.

"Hm, although that was a rather crude explanation I have to say I agree," Al puts a hand to his chin and surveys us all, "well, it's the best we have so far."

Al and I have definitely gotten closer over the past year. Well I've got closer to all of them really but he's a tough nut to crack so I'm surprised we managed it. He's pretty hard to talk to though. I once found him up by the clock tower and he showed me this back corridor with a super nice view that I never noticed. It's so peaceful up there. We talked about the usual childhoods and stuff. Well, I did. He didn't seem to mention his much. Or at all. Then again, he is my boss. All he did was listen, really.

Anyway, I haven't got time to zone out again.

"I can't wait until tonight when we take those fuckers down," Richard clenches a fist harshly. He was really upset when he heard about the incident. Barry told me that the kid who was killed was his little brother's best friend.

"Don't worry, we'll take them out," Joseph gives Rich a hard blazing look.

The others nod in agreement.

Wesker finishes up the interview and tells us to have a break. We've been needing a lot of these recently.

There's a huge storm out and the only remaining power is in the police station so the R.P.D have been busy setting up in the main hall for the civilians, which is just great for us. Tonight's when Chief Irons scheduled the arrest of the "assassins". Luckily we don't set out for several hours time but it was short notice as he's only just realised that this is a job for the S.T.A.R.S. team.

"(y/n), can I talk to you for a sec?" Chris looks serious and gently tugs me away from the others, "I-uh well I need to ask you something, "

"Yeah?"