𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿: 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚖 "𝚆𝚑𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚎𝚌𝚔 𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞" 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚗

3rd June 1998:

"So Joseph, how was your 'Uncle's funeral'?"

Joseph had 3 whole days off because he apparently travelled to Louisiana for his Uncle Sam's funeral. Might I add that this is the fifth uncle that's died this year.

"Very sad actually, lots of people were there," Joseph says matter-of-factly.

"How many of your uncles have died so far, if you don't mind me asking?" Chris strums against the guitar in his hand without looking at Joe. None of us believe him but it's fun to embarass him in front of Wesker.

Oh, and did I mention that Chris can play the guitar? In fact, before Joe burst in, he was playing 'Wonderwall', or as Forest calls it: The song to pick up girls with. Anyway, he's a darn good guitarist.

"My uncles were old ok?!"

"Remind me, how many have died this year?" Chris takes a cigarette and points it at Joseph before sticking it in his mouth.

"I don't have to deal with this,"

"Drama queen," Chris scoffs and I knock the cigarette out of his mouth.

"Chris, didn't you tell Claire you quit?"

"Uurrrmm,"

Claire Redfield is Chris's younger sister. She's in college at the moment but I met her just before she left when Chris invited me to her leaving party. We hit it off well and we're actually pretty similar and around the same age. The only difference is that I finished my Masters early but I didn't really do anything with them.

Anyway, Claire's super nice and we talk on the phone whenever we can. Whenever there's time, we'll often hang out together at Chris's apartment so I'm pretty familiar with his habits. I'd say I talk to Claire more than (f/n) now but for some reason, I'm totally okay with that. Maybe were just drifting.

It's pretty handy having Claire as a friend; she regularly dishes the dirt on Chris. According to her, Chris was in the USAF but received a dishonourable discharge for failing to obey a direct order. I knew Chris could fly planes since he told me but I'm not surprised at the discharge; he's very strong-willed.

Something else she told me was that her and Chris are orphans. When they were just kids, their parents died in a car crash and shortly after, their grandparents died which left Chris to take care of Claire. Honestly, that makes me admire Chris so much; Claire's a badass so he raised her well. I haven't lost both parents but losing one hurts enough so I can't even imagine the pain...

"Chris?" I put my hands on my hips and raise my eyebrows at him.

"Ok, ok fine! It's tricky, alright?" Chris holds his hands up in surrender.

"How's about we do some training later to distract you? I can teach you some of the stuff I know,"

Every now and again, I teach the team moves I learnt during my martial arts lessons in exchange for them helping with paperwork. Al doesn't seem to notice so it works for all of us.

"Sounds good to me,"

Ever since the incident at the fair, Chris has been obsessed with getting stronger and says I shouldn't have to keep saving him. His injuries were surprisingly bad and he's had to have temporary stitches on his stomach and eyebrow. Kenneth told us he had 3 fractured ribs but Chris refuses to go and get checked out. Sometimes I wish he wasn't so stubborn but I can't force him.

"Are you two going to sit there gossiping or are you going to fill in those reports?" Wesker's bored voice creeps up behind me.

"Sorry Corey," I grin and salute him.