𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷: 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 "𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚢 𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚍" 𝚉𝚘𝚖𝚋𝚒𝚎𝚜

♧︎: in this version of events, your character will have more interactions with other characters in the mansion than in the games. I'll also be leaving out rooms that are unnecessary to the plot so for example, ones with just healing items and ammo inside.

24th July 1998:

Where the heck did Barry go? He said he'd be in the dining hall but he's definitely not here. The door on the other side is locked so Jill and I have to backtrack back to where we first saw that "thing" and explore around there instead.

"Hey (y/n), check this out," Jill calls from across the room.

"What?" I jog over to her, watching as she examines the fireplace closely.

"Look,"

"The fireplace?" I arch an eyebrow at her and she sighs.

"No, above that," She points up at some sort of shield-shaped emblem on the wall.

"A crest...D'you reckon it's a family crest?" I lean up on my tiptoes and trace the carvings lightly.

"Probably, it looks like family crests I've seen before,"

"It's got some kinda latin writing on it," I point towards the words around the edge but Jill just lets out a dry laugh.

"Who actually knows latin anymore?"

"Not me, that's for sure,"

I fumble about with the emblem, feeling around the sides and digging my fingers into the top, when I notice a slight movement in the object and my grip tightens, giving it a sharp tug. Next thing I know, the emblem is resting in my hands and there's now a hole in the wall from where it used to be. I look over at Jill and she beckons for me to hand it over. She turns it over in her hands, studying over the back while glancing at the groove in the wall.

"It looks like it can be replaced by something else, but it's too big to carry around with us," She shakes her head and places it in on the table.

"You're right, we'll come back for it later if we need to,"

"Sounds like a plan," Jill smiles faintly and we continue down the hall.

As we enter back through the door where it happened, the air grows stale, and the wet, powerful smell of rotten flesh clings to the atmosphere. I head to the left like last time, keeping my eyes and ears peeled for more undead. We turn the corner and see Kenneth still just lying there. I don't know why I expected him to move or anything; just clinging on to hope, I suppose.

Jill drops down to crouch next to his ravaged body and rifles quickly through the belt pack. She shoots me an apologetic look but I give her a reassuring glance. We need the ammo; and poor Ken certainly doesn't. She comes up with two spare clips and puts one in her hip pocket while giving me the other.

"There's something else," Jill whispers with a hand on Ken's mutilated chest.

She brings up a VHS tape and hands it to me with a solemn look. I grip it tightly. If this shows his last moments, we owe it to him to see them; someone needs to. I tuck the tape in my waist pouch and lend Jill a hand in getting up. I move to another door on the left and turn the handle, keeping my eyes glued away from Kenneth as I open it up. Jill follows suit and we close the door behind us, leaving Kenneth alone in the dingy corridor.

Coming to terms with our surroundings, we both look ahead of us and are welcomed by another corridor. This time the carpet is a sickly green, with faded diamond or flower-like patterns on (how flattering) and the walls are a peeling yellow. More wary of what's to come, Jill and I stride down the corridor, guns out in front of us. I let out a sigh of relief as we turn the corner. Clear. The corridor leads to a cramped room and a narrow set of stairs with a small table holding an empty birdcage at the base.