𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾: 𝚄𝚖𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊 "𝙳𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝙳𝚘𝚍𝚐𝚢" 𝙿𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚜

3rd April 1998:

I don't think I've ever hated anyone as much as I hate that goddamn Chief Irons.

"It's a special event" he says, "everyone's gonna love it" he says.

Maybe he's right, maybe they will love it but we sure won't. A whole day of patrolling a burning hot fair with creeps and stupid kids everywhere. You'd think we'd be allowed some fun but nope, we can't even have that. We have to walk around in the heat with a stern face, just watching people. Right, fun.

"No,"

"Yes,"

"Not doing it,"

"You will do it (y/n), that's an order,"

"Couldn't give less shits,"

"I don't like your attitude,"

"I don't like yours,"

"I am warning you, I recommend you stop talking,"

"Why can't the others do it?"

"Because, (y/n), we are doing it to ensure maximum safety to the citizens, especially after all these recent attacks in the forest,"

"Look Al, can't you at least only send one team out, we have calls to take remember?"

"We will be capable of receiving calls while we are out and I refuse to argue anymore with you," The look on his face tells me he damn well means it.

I glare at the Captain and stomp out of the office, slamming the door to get the message across. On my way down the corridor, I nudge past Joseph and he turns around to look at me.

"Woah, (y/n) slow down, you're still pissed about patrolling the fair aren't you?" He folds his arms across his chest and raises his eyebrows at me.

"I would be fine if we could actually do something there but we can't even go on the rides or anything,"

"We can go to the stalls though," He says while readjusting his bandana. He's had that same one for god knows how long and it's still not faded one bit.

"I suppose. What time are we leaving? I was too busy glaring at Wesker to hear,"

"Not 'till 2 so we still have some time to kill,"

"Good, I better go change, I don't wanna burn alive later,"

"Heh, you're hot enough already,"

He waggles his eyebrows with a smirk. I just sigh and scoff in response to his antics.

"Haha don't be mad at me, besides, I feel your pain but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do — ahem — and I need the money," he grins cheekily and I shake my head.

"Mmhm, well I better go, catch you later,"

"Same here, see ya later,"

I wave at Joseph and head to the female changing rooms. Luckily, I keep a lot of spare outfits in my locker because of how many "stealing clothes" pranks the others like to do.

Since it's forecast to be hot today, I'll just wear a pair of my old army cadet pants I cut down to shorts and a black tank top. My normal boots should suffice; the ones I keep specially for missions rub like hell.

I get changed quickly and head down to the desk in the main hall; the S.T.A.R.S office is way too hot and it doesn't even have windows or anything.

"Hi Marvin,"

"Hey (y/n), excited for later?" Marvin leans against the front desk, soda in hand.

I hum in response and then sigh.