𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷: 𝙰 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗 "𝚄𝚖𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊-𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍" 𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢

25th July 1998

We step off the platform and look around us. On one side of the elevator is a nasty fall over the edge with a gushing waterfall. On the other side is a safer, albeit more rocky area with a single door door and a wooden pier leading down to somewhere via a set of ladders. It doesn't take a genius to figure out which way we're NOT going.

"How are you feeling?"

I brush a hand across my bandages before turning to Chris with a weak smile.

"I'm alright. I've been better, but I'm alright,"

His lip twitches and he nods, "Good,"

"Hey, really," I put a hand on his shoulder; Rebecca freezes to watch us, "don't worry about me. I'm fine,"

Chris pauses to search my face for a second. His eyes flick down to where the bandages are wrapped around my stomach before flicking back up to my face. His mouth curves up into a tiny smile and he lightly brushes my hair with his fingertips.

"Yeah, I know,"

I smile back before clearing my throat and turning to Rebecca, "Wanna check that door out?"

"Either that or we take a dive, and uh, I've never been a fan of water," Becca laughs dryly and clutches the shotgun with a shiver, "bad childhood memories, yikes..."

"Door it is then," Chris swiftly turns the handle and we enter through.

It's oddly quiet here. I guess this whole place is quiet but I'm getting some...off vibes here. I narrow my eyes and press my gun to my cheek, holding it close amidst the overwhelming sense of claustrophobia as we slowly walk down a path of jagged edges. Our boots splash against the puddles made by the steady drips of water from the ceiling as the pathway tightens. The only sources of light are the single lightbulbs hanging overhead — they're not settling at all but at least we can see.

We come up to another split into two paths. I point at Chris and Rebecca then wordlessly direct my thumb to the archway on the left, signalling for myself to go right. They both nod and Becca gives a small thumbs up before heading off. Chris looks over his shoulder at me with furrowed brows and he nods again, following after her. I watch as the darkness of the archway slowly consumes them and they fizzle out of view, crossing my fingers that I didn't just send them to their deaths.